Before you ask please READ THIS

Mobile theme product thumbnail Issue

edited December 2014 in Fame Posts: 10
I am using the latest version of the fame theme and have noticed the product thumbnails when viewing from a mobile device (iphone) are incorrect. Some products show the wrong image for the product all though on the desktop site they show correctly. I am not sure what is causing this or if you guys are aware of the issue. I wasn't aware until a couple of my customers let me know there were errors and they were having trouble finding what they were looking for.

Is there any way to just disable the mobile version for the time being?
Post edited by missodessa on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Could you show live link to site where I can see issue?

With kind regards.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 10
    http://mob84.com/shop when i view from an iphone the product thumbnail images are all wrong. I looked from my ipad and they are all fine. So this is some sort of conflict with the iphone I'm guessing I disabled plugins and it didnt fix anything.
    iphone (left) incorrrect
    ipad (right) correct
  • AirAir
    This is how I see your page on desktop computer.
    I suppose this issue with cache or something like this. Are you logged in to admin area on your Ipad?

With regards.
    FS.png
    1370 x 802 - 503K
    Did you see my post above with the image of what I am seeing from my iphone & ipad?
    The iphone screenshot shows the wrong product thumbnails for the product.The screenshot from the ipad shows the same products but correctly. They also display correctly from a desktop computer so you wont see the issue I am having unless you look from an iphone.

I am not logged in to an account on any mobile device and everyone who goes to my site from an iphone so far is presented with the same issue of product thumnail images being on the wrong product.

This wasn't an issue until I updated to the new version (1.5.0) of the theme a few days ago and like I said above I even disabled all plugins and the issue persisted. I switched themes today to the old version of the Fame theme (1.4.1) I still have uploaded and the problem went away. So there is definitely something in the new version causing it that you guys may want to look into. Im going to roll back and try updating again later and see what happens.

Its really hard because a majority of my visitors come from instagram which means they more than likely are on their phone and wont be able to make purchases if they can't find the product they are looking for because the images are all jumbled up.

• AirAir
    edited December 2014 Posts: 10,970
    I wrote whole answer to target your issue, but now I see I based this on wrong assumptions. I thought that your screenshots where of first products on the list, not of some in mid of the page. And that is why when I saw that first images on desktop version are "also" different from your correct version, I made whole assumption about larger issue.
    Now it may be invalid, however all things I wrote about theme are still valid, so I leave that response below as reference.
    Is there any chance that we could still see your page with Fame 1.5.0?

--------------
    My original post:
    missodessa said: Did you see my post above with the image of what I am seeing from my iphone & ipad?
    Yes and that is why I have posted to you screen shot from desktop computer. Did you see it? It has exactly the same "wrong" thumbnails like your screen shot from iPhone. You understand what does it mean, right?
    To be precise this mean that problem is something else then mobile layout.

Seeing changelog of things in Fame 1.5.0 http://www.apollo13.eu/themes_update/fame/index.html there is nothing that could set it(this issue) of.

I understand way of logic that you follow by trying to debug it, but that is not only way to explain this issue:-)

I asked you about being logged in, cause often logged in user see not cached version of page. I am not logged in to your site, as I don't have access to it, and I am also seeing wrong images. That puts whole issue in question.
    Also disabling plugins sometimes is not enough to disable cache and its issues.

Still there is possibility that there is issue in theme(however THERE ARE NO different thumbnails served for mobiles and bigger screens), but I can't recreate it on my test site.

No that you rolled back it will be even hard to track what is wrong, but I know you need to prioritize your clients:-)

I have two questions:
    1. When did you changed images from "wrong" to current?
    2. What plugins you had active at that time?

I hope we will resolve this mystery.

With kind regards.

PS. I have just refreshed your page, with cleared cache in my browser, and I still see wrong thumbnails. On my iPad I have opened it for the very first time and also wrong thumbnails. That is rather disturbing.

I would advise to test your site on some other devices/computers.

EDIT:
    Just a thought - do you use or tried to use CDN for serving your images? That would explain a lot.
    ------------
    Post edited by Air on