Before you ask please READ THIS

Where are Cart Page,Checkout Page, Terms and Conditions pages?

edited January 2015 in Fame Posts: 18
Hi!

I was just trying to test doing sample order from the website and as soon as I clicked Checkout button, it goes to blog page instead. I also noticed that some of the pages in the attached image (woocommercemess.png) found in Checkout tab is just pointing to woocommerce page. I can't find the correct one from drop-down field.

Also see http://pho.to/8iHdm what do you put in the Product Archive/Shop page and in Accounts tab, see http://pho.to/8iHib?

I really wish you expose the admin section of your demo so we can check what we are missing.

Take note what when I followed the link specified in your install guide about woo-commerce, there's no WooCommerce Pages included. So I'm lost about the entire statement below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All setting that are normally available for pages in our theme, are also available for your shop with woocommerce. However to overwrite theme defaults you will have to do that in page that is your Main shop page. By default it is page named "Shop" that was created while Installing WooCommerce Pages. You can always check this in WooCommerce->Settings->Shop Base Page

To set up sidebar for yur shop you will have to create one in Fame theme->Sidebars. Next you will have to select it in Main shop page, so it will be used across your shop.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our lives would have been much simplier if the needed plugins that work with the template were already included in the download. Please help me.

I setup the page to look like the demo after several hours of figuring it out, now the most important part , the checkout is not working. I'm probably dead tomorrow as my client will be working with a non-working e-commerce site. I wish woocommerce integration is smooth when using your theme, my experience now is not so much. Please help.

Admin section:
http://streetlook.co/wp-admin
username:admin
password: sdelena69

ftp:
ftp://streetlook.co
username: streetlo
password: C113zyccN7

Regards,
Sam
woocommercemess.png
937 x 318 - 25K
Post edited by sdelena on

Comments

Hhhhhmmmm I've found this in the WooCommerce>System Status>Tools and clicked it, didn't help. Can't find woocommerce pages.

woopages.png
    967 x 541 - 74K
    Is this the same from the one in your support doc?
    woo_add.png
    1088 x 503 - 49K
    I finally made it to work by doing things manually. However, I cannot be sure if this is the way to do it as it was never mentioned in your support doc, and I was expecting this is is something that should have been setup during installation of woocommerce. Please let me know if my work-around is correct.

1. I created 2 pages namely for Cart and for Checkout.
    2. On these two pages, I added short-code which I've searched somewhere.
    These are:

[woocommerce_cart]

[woocommerce_checkout]

3. I then went to Woocommerce>Settings>Checkout tab and manually select the 2 pages I've created in #1 for Cart Page drop-down field and Checkout Page drop-down field and save.

It seems to work-out fine and I was able to see the checkout page when I tried ordering one. Can you confirm if this is the way to go?
    It still failed mate.

When I tried checkout by clicking that Place Order button, it just refreshes and adds that "0" counter in the form. See attached
    woo_order.png
    1252 x 676 - 56K
    Here's "0" being added after clicking Place Order button.
    woo_0.png
    1235 x 523 - 48K
    I tried creating new pages and I noticed the following shortcodes are not working:

[woocommerce_pay]
    [woocommerce_thankyou]
    [woocommerce_edit_address]
    [woocommerce_view_order]
    [woocommerce_change_password]

Any guidance? I'm really frustrated bout the integration of your theme and woocommerce. I can't believe what could have been a simple and straight-forward task, im pulling my hair on this one. This is not the first time I used a wp theme with woocommerce. I've used this combo for one of my website adamsparadise.com. Please help.

Regards,
    Sam
  • AirAir
    edited January 2015 Posts: 10,970
    Hello :-)

In documentation there is separate section about installing woocommerce http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/adding_woocommerce

As I mentioned in your other topic it is not our plugin, we don't make it, don't sell it, we only provided styles for it, so it would look nice with our theme, as this popular ecommerce plugin for Wordpress. So all installation guides you should find in woocommerce documentation and site.

Please refer to those links:
    http://docs.woothemes.com/documentation/plugins/woocommerce/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/installation/

We didn't make any changes to woocommerce so it would act any different then usually.

Why didn't you use one click demo data import? Is your only goal is to recreate our demo site then I can do it for you, however I may need to clear your wordpress first.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Ok thanks for giving me that "dude, we got your money, you're on your own now". treatment.

• AirAir
    Man :-) It is Sunday, I am after long night and I am still here for you to help and you talk like that? I came here to help you!

I am very sorry that you feel like that.
    Air said: Why didn't you use one click demo data import? Is your only goal is to recreate our demo site then I can do it for you, however I may need to clear your wordpress first.

Sorry man but im really frusrated. The one click demo thing is not working. As mentioned in my email to daniel, it actually corrupts the reading.php wherein after using that one click demo thing, you won't see that option to assign a static page. My goal is to make it look like one of your demo page, but I also want to make the e-commerce functionality to work. Cmon man lolz.

Ok thanks for giving me that "dude, we got your money, you're on your own now". treatment.

First, that documentation is so outdated. Its not even matching the U.I I'm seeing now. The sentence there "First you have to Install WooCommerce Pages. You will see notification about it in you admin panel. This will create and configure pages that are important to make woocommerce work." Its not even in admin panel, I have to search for it by luck in Woocommerce>System Status>Tools

You should at least warn people before buying your theme with "hell, we can't assure you the e-commerce plugins will work with our theme". I bought this theme exactly for the same reason me as buyer will make e-commerce to work using woocommerce.

Again, the reply you gave is the most frustrating reply to receive from support. You didn't even bother to check on my issue. Its been 3 hours from my end googling the issue now.
    do not clear my wordpress, i;ve added products already. I just want the checkout functionality to work as it should.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 18
    Can you expose the admin page of your demo?so I can make a side by side comparison? Should you need to check my settings, let me know. I saw some research that some plugins can cause the issue. Hoever, i dont know which of the plugins you recommended from your support doc might have caused it.

EDITED

thanks,
    Sam
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    edited January 2015 Posts: 10,970
    I can't show you admin pages unfortunately. I have removed your access data as this is public data, and someone could stole it. We send such data only by private message.

You are clearly english speaker as you write much, fast and long and I am getting lost with what you really want. So please in short points what you want from me to do on your site :-) Really short sentences:-) And I will try to do it on your installation.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    I'm from the Philippines, English I only learn from watching too much Sesame street.

I want checkout to work. I solved all my problems on my own earlier this morning. Try to do a simple checkout on the website and you will see what my problem is. http://streetlook.co/

regards,
    Sam
  • AirAir
    OK I am on it:-)
    sdelena said: I'm from the Philippines, English I only learn from watching too much Sesame street.
    Still you are very fluent :-)
    where you from?
    whoa!!!its working now!!did you do something? I just deactivate/activate payment gateway as suggested here--> https://support.woothemes.com/hc/communities/public/questions/202017628-Checkout-send-order-not-working?locale=en-us

Or did you do some magic?
  • AirAir
    Yes it was plugin "Patch for Revolution Slider" when you activate it you will see 0 again :-) I never saw this plugin, so look out for it.

As I want to keep anonymity in case on my countr,y I will only say Central Europe :-)

Can I help you somehow or can I just go sleep cause I had 3hours of sleep only :-) ?
    Wel, somebody from my hosting also did some changes

-----------------------------------------
    Hello Sammy,

The memory allocated to PHP for your site is 256 MB
    You can check this here http://streetlook.co/pi.php
    In addition to that I have added a line of code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M' );

------------------------------------------

I saw in some forums that checkout won't work if memory allocation is too small. Mine was 32MB.
    dude, continue your sleep hahahhaa thanks!

Patch for revolution slider was actually one of the plugins recommended in your support doc if im not mistaken.
  • AirAir
    Good info :-) But in such crazy issues often guilty is server and wordpress configuration and it is not easy to spot on.

About our not up to date docs about woocommerce - you are right, some things have changed recently and we are so focused on our new project that we didn't had time to review docs.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    sdelena said: Patch for revolution slider was actually one of the plugins recommended in your support doc if im not mistaken.
    First time seeing it:-) And I am the one writing docs ;-) I will take a look here once in hour to check if I can help you somehow.

See ya around!

With kind regards.