Before you ask please READ THIS

Some issues after wordpress and template update

edited February 2015 in Superior Posts: 27
Hi,

Just a note: I'm testing the update locally first so no problems on live site.

After updating to Wordpress 4.1.1 any page that has a comma, quote mark or dash shows up like the attached file.

Also - when I updated to the latest version of template (1.9.3) from (1.9.1) the pages that were using Visual Composer now show as having no content on the backend and a message that says "No content yet! You should add some..."

I know you have had many issues with VC.

The version that I have is 4.1.1.1. But when I checked the change log it says -Visual composer was updated to version 4.2.3

Can you give me some support on this please?

Many thanks,

C.

2015-02-21 02.38.37 am.jpg
823 x 542 - 155K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Why didn't you update VC while updating theme? I remember that at beginning of 4.x series of VC there was load of bugs in it. Please try to update it first as explained here http://apollo13.eu/docs/superior/#!/installation_update_update_theme (lower part about updating plugins).

After this come back to me and tell is it any better :-)

With kind regards.
    Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply:)
    Initially when I tried to update theme locally I wasn't able to through the Appearance>Themes using easy theme and plugin - kept getting message "Are you sure you want to do this"

So I did it via ftp with the superior folder.

After update there was no message showing about needing to upgrade VC.
    I must have dismissed the previous notice about plugins.

So message showed after turning off/on theme as per your instructions.
    I did all the plugin updates but still no content showing with VC on backend in pages.

So decided to try testing in a sub-directory - that seemed to work apart from one message on LayerSlider WP plugin
    "You need to authorize this site in order to get upgrades or support for this plugin."

Do I now need to purchase a license for this plugin?

Any thoughts on why the pages with VC wouldn't show content when trying to test locally?

Also after wordpress update now all seems to be showing content without previous issue.

Are you able to explain why this was showing the previous screenshot when I tested locally?

Once again thank you for your support and suggestion.

Regards,
    C.
  • AirAir
    rad76 said: So decided to try testing in a sub-directory - that seemed to work apart from one message on LayerSlider WP plugin
    "You need to authorize this site in order to get upgrades or support for this plugin."
    This message is confusing everybody :-) http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/11632#Comment_11632
    rad76 said: Any thoughts on why the pages with VC wouldn't show content when trying to test locally?
    Some server rewrite include paths in special way when installed localy, and it may affect either VC or our extensions to VC. Anyway I saw in the past. But not sure if this was the case in your situation.
    rad76 said: Are you able to explain why this was showing the previous screenshot when I tested locally?
    Unfortunately not. I would need to be able to debug it on your machine to give you answer, but it is not possible as it is your local machine and often time consuming:-)

So I understand that we are done here, right?:-)

With kind regards.
    Yes - thank you for your great support and explanations for each question.

Regards
    C.