Before you ask please READ THIS

Upgrade issue with plugins

edited February 2015 in Chillout Posts: 14
I upgraded (by deleting everything and installing the new theme and child theme) I tried installing the theme upgrade through my WP admin panel but there isn't an over-ride like the instructions say there should be.

After installing I went to the required plugin's and installed them all and then went to activate them and got a white screen. My site was nothing but a white screen and do was the dashboard. I started deleting them from the control panel one by one and the plugin causing the issue is the: "Visual Composer extend by Apollo13 for Chillout"

Now when I try to create my home page without this plugin installed I don't have the navigation module. So many things on my origonal home page aren't working. I'm certain this plugin in necessary but I can't install it. I've tried in a variety of ways and no matter whats active and what's not... When I install that plugin, my site is gone.

Comments

Hello,
    1. Which version of Chillout did You install
    2. As I'm not able to reproduce this issue I need to take a look at it on your instalation - so please install plure WordPress, and send me login credentials (do it via private message).
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
  • I had 1.2.2 installed and it worked great. I got the email that there was a newer version. So I actually had to delete everything from my control panel that and reinstall a fresh version of Chillout with version 1.2.5

I couldn't upgrade it like the doc suggested because there isn't an override option on the install screen as it suggested.

I'll be happy to create a login for you. What is a good email address? Then I'll PM it to you.
  • I'm using the most current wordpress version 4.1.1
    SocialDzine said: I couldn't upgrade it like the doc suggested because there isn't an override option on the install screen as it suggested.
    What override option are You talking about?
    All the Best.
  • In the "doc" for Chillout it suggests that when you install a new version to select the option to override files and that's not available. There is no option for that on the wordpress dashboard when uploading a new theme even when upgrading a current theme.
    Hi,
    I've send You PM. The credencials are not working.
    All the Best.
    SocialDzine said: In the "doc" for Chillout it suggests that when you install a new version to select the option to override files and that's not available.
    This is a functionality of http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/ plugin.
    All the Best.
  • Ok, well I wasn't aware that I had to download another plugin. My problem is STILL that when I try installing the Visual composer it crashes my site. Others are experiencing the same issue. Is there a resolution to this?
    Hi,
    I can take a look at your instalation, but - like I wrote You - the login credentials that You've send are invalid, so I can't access admin panel.
    All the Best.
  • It's all working now, thank you!