Before you ask please READ THIS

Fame 1.6.2 Upload Failure

edited March 2015 in Fame Posts: 1
Good day,

For the past few days, I have been trying to update to Fame 1.6.2. However, each time I attempt to upload the zip file, an error reads "Are you sure you want to do this" and a link "please try again".

Searching forums, I conducted the following:
Deactivated all plugins
Deleted recently updated or new plugins
Deleted Fame 1.6.1 from my website's server
Changed the properties of the php.ini file

None of the above worked.

I have successfully downloaded and uploaded a different theme. I am sure I have not uploaded the wrong .zip file, as I have downloaded Fame 1.6.2 several times, both the "wordpress only" zip file, and the full file folder, which I unzipped and pulled the Fame 1.6.2 file from.

The zip file is not working.

Please advise.

Matt

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

I see you did bit of research, but too bad you didn't find most occuring answer for this issue:-) Try uploading theme by FTP.
    http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/installation_update_update_theme
    If you have problems with updating theme from Wordpress admin panel, then delete theme (from panel or manually via FTP) and upload new version. It is same process as installing via FTP. You wont loose your theme settings.
    There is huge chance that theme size is bigger then some wordpress allowed upload size(that is my pure guess).

Hope that helps :-)

With kind regards.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem. I even tried unzipping it and adding the files to the themes folder through ftp. It doesn't show up on the themes section.

nvm it worked now through ftp
    Post edited by carlou5 on
  • AirAir
    :-) Sometimes speaking your problem loudly help you solve it alone:-)