Before you ask please READ THIS

Fullscreen icon

... one more question: is there a clean way to disable (not only hide with css) the fullscreen icon? couldn't find the matching php code yet.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

You can do it like this:
    Go to file thirteen\advance\utilities\header.php line ~115 and delete this code:
    <div id="fs-switch" class="icon-resize-full-screen tool highlight" title="'.esc_attr(esc_html__('Full screen', 'thirteen')).'"></div>
    be aware to not delete '. at end of line

Can I ask why you want to disable it? Cause maybe it is valid option to add to theme:-)

With kind regards.
  • thanks again - worked!

I don't use the fullscreen option and so the icon would simply overlay some images. Want to have a clean and minimalistic look and so everything with no task has to move... ;)
  • AirAir
    Thanks for your opinion.

Fullscreen button has also many benefits to clear content on smaller screens, so it can be powerful for users working/viewing on smaller devices.
    Anyway I will consider option to switch it off, and see how it affect whole layout.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    I have just finished update. It should be available tomorrow. There is an option to switch off fullscreen option.

With kind regards.