Before you ask please READ THIS

Visual Composer Issues

Hi Team,

Frist, my site is http://Nesstive.com

I recently upgraded to the newest version of the theme and now am having some odd Visual composer problems. So far I have found the following problems.

1.) Woocommerce Product Category short code. When I add this Element to the page and select a Product category, the products are not pulled in on the page. Specifically I have noticed this only the case for some categories (example: "Leggings" gets pulled in, but not "compresion shorts") . If I switch over to basic Text editor, I notice it is missing the "category=" all together. If i add it in, it will work, but if I switch back over to VC backend view, it will disappear again :/ .. Very odd.

2.) Adding a Image/Video as a background on a row. The VC will not pull the image. Everytime You add the background image it will show, you save it, but then it disappears after that. Again very odd.

Can you provide any help to help me resolve this?

Thanks.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

I have just tested both things you mentioned and I didn't have problems with any of that. Have you updated VC also while updating theme?

If that is not the case then I think I will have to take a look on it on your site. Please setup some test page in your installation and put there both problematic cases. You don't have to link this page in menu, we will get there by link only so no one will find it :-)

After this could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    edited December 2015 Posts: 10,970
    I did a test on your site, where I added one product to 'Capris' category, so it was first to choose on list in shortcode. Then this category was not displayed when I selected it, but compresion shorts started working fine.

Then I removed 'Capris' and it still worked fine. So I am not sure is it cache issue in VC or something else, but I think you can use this approach if you face again this issue. I would also test with deactivating some plugins, but I didn't wanted to mess your site.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on