Before you ask please READ THIS

bfi_thumb

edited January 2017 in Photon Posts: 6
Hi,

I am developing a site and have stumbled into a problem, the gallery images don't show? it looks like a permissions problem on the bfi_thumb folder although I have checked them and they seem fine, this is the test site: http://rolandblunk.com.preview9.sitepreviewservice.net/photo/?page_id=43

All other images seem ok? any help would be great!
Post edited by adammjbarnes on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Is there any file at all in bfi_thumb directory? If not then for sure it is problem with permission and if setting 777 on this directory wont help, then you should ask your hosting provider what can be done to make WordPress to be able to write to that folder and create sub folders.

With kind regards.
  • Yes there are files in the bfi_thumb directory, I can see them updating, and I have change the permission, I have tried 777 and 771...? can you think of anything else?
  • AirAir
    I would have to take a look my self.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

With kind regards.
  • Hi, I hopefully have sent the details you needed, many thanks!!
  • AirAir
    I am working on it currently. Files are created fine, problem seems to be in path to these files. Will reply when I figure it out.
  • Thank you!!!
  • AirAir
    You were right, it is issue with permissions, as even if you try access this URL in your browser http://rolandblunk.com.preview9.sitepreviewservice.net/photo/wp-content/uploads/bfi_thumb/ROL_0015-n2pri19ujvd765wcl5s5337kd1fksz13a1kn9v4ucc.jpg you get forbidden. So this won't be solved by FTP.

You will have to ask your hosting provider for help, what is wrong that you can't access this file in your browser. I suppose issue could be somewhere on .htaccess files

With kind regards.

• Hi and thanks, I have asked my hosting provider for help, and as you say it's a file permissions problem, I've manually changed all the image permissions from 660 to 664 and it now works, can you see a problem with this? obviously any new images I upload to the gallery I will have to do this again.

Kind Regards
  • AirAir
    It looks fine for me:-) But 660? Strange.
    If you would set this permission for whole directory then you should be fine for future images.

With kind regards.