Before you ask please READ THIS

TitilliumText22L Th in bold (?) and what about »Umlauts« (?)

edited December 2011 in Airlock Posts: 5
Thank you for that very modern theme. I really like it. No, I love it.

Hm. Little problems with the font part. Problems named in the title already. How (far) can I use the whole Tittilium family? Written as in the text example »with some bold words« – I can’t see them for the third Font Tittilium. And, in my language we need Umlauts, characters with dots (öüä). Tittillium doesn’t have, Sansation and Aller do. Thanks for help in advance,

penalty

Airlock 1.4
easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades.1.0.1.
Mac OS X 10.4
Firefox 3.5.19

Post edited by penalty on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi penalty.

Please try to feed on this topic http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/91#Comment_91 . It is from our other theme but it will help you.

About titlium it was made without bold face, so bolds don't appear in test string.

I will ask Daniel(lead designer) to attach this font so you can make your modifications.

After getting cufon font, upload it to wp-content/themes/airlock/common/fonts
    Don't mess with generated font name:-)

With regards.
    Hi Penalty

I added two fonts (aller and sansation) with characters for your language.

Below I will write instructions for other people that have the same problem:
    1) Download the original font from the selected pages eg http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Aller.
    2) Open http://cufon.shoqolate.com/generate/ and add your fonts according to the instructions, keeping in mind the special characters for your language.
    3) If the font has been created, open it any html editor and look for the following line:
    a) Cufon.registerFont({"w":216,"face":{"font-family":"Aller","font-weight":400,"font-stretch":"normal"
    b) Cufon.registerFont({"w":216,"face":{"font-family":"Aller Bold","font-weight":700,"font-stretch":"normal"

Important!
    Edit only the second line, "font-family" must have the exact same font name (eg if "Aller Bold" change to "Aller") and change the "font-stretch": "normal" to "font-stretch": "bold".

Best Daniel
    zip
    zip
    fonts.zip
    Lead Graphic Designer
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 95
    Hi could it be, that the Site will be slower when i copy some new Fonts in the WP Theme ??

I dont know, but i have the feeling that my site is a bit slower since i put some new Fonts in the Theme Font Folder
    Post edited by elay on
  • AirAir
    Nope, only chosen font is loading. So it depends what you choose, not how many choose options you have.
    thanks
    Elay. Remember to add only the characters (glyphs) that you will use, because the fault may be a large cufon file with the font ;)

Best Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer