Before you ask please READ THIS

Sidebar & Content Area Width

edited November 2014 in Fame Posts: 17
Hello, i'm wondering how i can make the width of my sidebar bigger. Also, how do i change the width of the content area as well? Thank you.

Also, i would like to change the width of the OVERALL layout to smoething more narrow. The already narrow option is still too big.
Post edited by tommychi on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

So you want in increase width of sidebar and of content, but it should be narrower then currently. It sounds like paradox :-) Please clarify.

With regards.
  • I want to change the overall width of the layout to like 870px. The content area to be around 550px and the sidebar to like 300px with 20px spacing in between content area and sidebar. Basically I just want to be able the change the widths of the content area and sidebar accordingly. hope that makes more sense. Thank you.
  • AirAir
    But you have to agree that first version of what you have asked was clear paradox? :-)

It is problematic to change basic width of layout. It will hit responsive design also. So I would like to ask why you want to do it, what are your reasons to redesign theme?

Maybe we will find different solution for your issue, cause this seem like not good way.

Anyway you can try with this custom CSS:

.layout-narrow #header,
    .layout-narrow #mid,
    .layout-narrow #footer {
    max-width: 900px;
    }
    #content, .foot-content {
    max-width: 880px;
    }
    #secondary{
    padding-left: 20px;
    }