Before you ask please READ THIS

Replacing Demo Header Branding

Hi Folks,
I installed/uninstalled FatMoon and uploaded a variety of demos multiple times. The main issue is that I'm finding it impossible to overwrite the logo from the demo. The secondary issue is, how do I remove all of the unnecessary extra junk from the demos that isn't necessary for my site. In addition to the cost of the theme, I've added the cost of the plugins used in the theme. So, I'm in for around $100 and still can't accomplish something as simple and changing the logo. So, please help.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)
    kleinmotore said: The main issue is that I'm finding it impossible to overwrite the logo from the demo.
    You didn't give too much details, but I believe you could import demo that use different header variants and you will have change logo in these varaints as well -> http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/header_variant_light_dark
    kleinmotore said: The secondary issue is, how do I remove all of the unnecessary extra junk from the demos that isn't necessary for my site.
    As always in WordPress - just go and mass delete posts/pages/works/albums that you don't need. Also disable plugins that you will not use.

If this still didn't help you then please next time give some more details, like link, which demo you try to import, and what you tried before.

With kind regards.
  • So here are the links to my issues:

First link shows two weird icons (airplane and clock) that appear during the slider video in the upper right hand corner. Any idea where they come from and how to turn them off?
    http://kleinmotore.com/

Second link shows my ugly blog post. http://kleinmotore.com/2016/10/02/autonomous-car/
    Yeah, it's ugly. 1. You'll notice the page is called MyNewSite. This is the logo I've been trying to overwrite. When I go to "Customize" I can find where MyNewSite is entered into the admin as the default. The theme won't allow me to overwrite with an image or a different piece of text.

Also, I'd like to change the name of the home screen in the menu to something other than #2 (no subject). Perhaps Home. I remember putting "#2 (no subject) somewhere but I can't remember where.
  • AirAir
    kleinmotore said: First link shows two weird icons (airplane and clock) that appear during the slider video in the upper right hand corner. Any idea where they come from and how to turn them off?
    They are from Vimeo video. I don't know if there is option to turn them off, however they fade off after few sec.
    kleinmotore said: When I go to "Customize" I can find where MyNewSite is entered into the admin as the default. The theme won't allow me to overwrite with an image or a different piece of text.
    So you have been in logo settings right? When you change(save) it to different thing it doesn't change? Can you do screen shot of your setting for logo?
    kleinmotore said: Also, I'd like to change the name of the home screen in the menu to something other than #2 (no subject). Perhaps Home. I remember putting "#2 (no subject) somewhere but I can't remember where.
    Please go and manage your main menu http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/adding_menu - then you should be able to decide what appears there.

One more thing: have you installed any cache plugin? Cause cache plugins shouldn't be used until you finish editing layout of your site.

With kind regards.
  • Thanks Air.
    1. Nice to know that's Vimeo. Now I can stop searching like a crazy main in the WP admin. :)

2. See attached screenshots for the logo/site name swap dilemma. Note that I attempted first just to change the text—hitting every imaginable save button. Then I attempted to swap the text with a logo. Saved everywhere again. No change. See images.
    Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 10.07.46 AM.png
    804 x 1314 - 205K
    Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 10.05.03 AM.png
    794 x 988 - 88K
    Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 10.04.41 AM.png
    812 x 1198 - 101K
  • And, #3 worked perfectly. Thanks for the link. :)
  • AirAir
    Good we sorted something out. About logo, I will have to take a look.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
  • Thanks. You're good to go.
  • Ok, now you're really good to go. :)
  • AirAir
    Hi there:-)

I was finally able to log in to your page and I see that customizer doesn't load view of page when you change options.

I have checked and I see that it returns error that array_replace function is not defined. Is it possible that you have lower version of PHP then 5.3? If yes, then you will have to upgrade to at least 5.3, but better to 5.6.X or even 7.X(it is much faster).

Then everything should work(after you will resave options).

With kind regards.
  • Hmmm... Being that I didn't code anything personally, could the PHP issue be on the Visual Composer or WordPress side? Both are up to date.
  • AirAir
    Nope, you will have to ask your server admin what version of PHP you got on server.

With kind regards.
  • Ahh... Ok. I know it's not ideal, but GoDaddy hosts my sites. I'll check with them.
  • My site is currently using 5.4
  • Uh... after some more checking... it's 5.2
  • AirAir
    As I remember you should be able to switch to higher version. If you have issue with this check this https://en.godaddy.com/help/view-or-change-your-php-version-3937 or ask godaddy support to help you.

With kind regards.