Before you ask please READ THIS

Change icon (icomoon) for hidden sidebar

Hi guys,

i want to change the default icon in the right upper corner that indicates the hidden sidebar.
After some research i figured out that i want to use an icomoon icon that is not implemented in the icomoon-font from theme.

Can i change the icomoon files my myself and how to do this ? What is the easiest way do use another icon ?

Thank you
Tom

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Well it is many steps process, rather not worth effort put in.
    First you will need to recreate our iconmoon font, and add there icon you want. Next replace files for iconmoon in theme (you will lose that changes with each update). Next you will have to go and edit theme file to replace this icon.

Why wont you try icon from font-awesome instead? If you will find icon for you I will give you info where to change code.

With kind regards.
  • Hi and thanks for your reply - oh .. when easier solution with font-awesome is possible then i will do this. I want an newspaper icon ( it hink it's "fa-newspaper-o" ?) - can you please help me to include this ?

many thanks
  • AirAir
    Sure :-)

Then go to photon-a13\advance\utilities\header.php line ~113 and change this
    ($hidden_sidebar? '<div id="side-menu-switch" class="icon-menu tool" title="'.esc_attr(__('Hidden sidebar', 'photon')).'"></div>' : '').
    to
    ($hidden_sidebar? '<div id="side-menu-switch" class="fa fa-newspaper-o tool" title="'.esc_attr(__('Hidden sidebar', 'photon')).'"></div>' : '').
    With kind regards.
  • easy and perfect ! thank you a lot :-)