Before you ask please READ THIS

Hide mobile menu on scroll

Can you please tell me the best way to hide the mobile menu on scroll?

Ideally I would like the mobile menu to display on page load, then when you start to scroll, I would like the menu to slide up off the page so that you can see more of the screen, then as you begin to scroll back up, the menu would slide back down again.

Perhaps this is only possible with jquery which I know very little about.

Anything you can advise?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• this is exactly what I am after, but not sure the best way to set it up?

http://codepen.io/andiio/pen/gspxJ
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

This is what our theme has by default. Just go to Customizing ▸ Header settings ▸ Type, variant, background ▸Sticky version ▸Hiding when scrolling down

With kind regards.
  • Thanks Air, however its only on the mobile version I need this function, as I want to keep it sticky on Desktop, but hide on mobile only. Is there a way I can control it either by viewport or device type?
  • AirAir
    Nope, there is no option for this, sorry.

With kind regards.
  • do you know where I can find the jquery that controls this to see if there is a way I can add some sort of variable? sorry to be a pain!
  • AirAir
    I will be honest and brutal: If you can't locate where is the script then you won't be able to tweak it. It is not simple change, but have to be carefully planned.

Anyway script is in js/script.js look for headerHorizontal: function() {.

Good luck!
  • haha yes I couldn't agree more! but then I will never learn if I don't make mistakes on the way ;)

Thanks for the luck, I think i'm gonna need it :s
  • AirAir
    It is "hardcore" peace of code that is responsible for managing actions of sticky header, and this why I said that, as even I get lost there;-)

However props for having big cohones ;-)
  • haha I dunno about that, as a fallback think I might just keep it sticky and have position: relative for the mobile viewport which hides it successfully, but not ideal to have to scroll back to the top for the menu :( Maybe ill activate the scroll to top on mobile only as a work around!

If I manage to find a fix (highly unlikely) ill let you know ;) Something to consider for an update perhaps as I cant be the only one that wants a massive header to hide on a mobile device
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 52
    I found a work around with css:

@media screen and (min-width: 480px) { .header-horizontal #header.sticky-hide, .header-horizontal #header.hide-until-scrolled-to{ -webkit-transform: translateY(0); -ms-transform: translateY(0); transform: translateY(0); } }

This seems to work just as I need, with the hide on scroll option selected in the settings!

;)
    Post edited by chillwiddastill on
  • AirAir
    chillwiddastill said: as I cant be the only one that wants a massive header to hide on a mobile device
    For now you are only one that is asking for it, to have different behavior of header depending on resolution:-)

As your solution: if it works for you then this is most important. Bravo!

With kind regards.

• well its here in case anyone else asks the same question at least.

For most people, having the menu act the same way as the desktop would be fine, but for me I prefer to deliver a stronger UX by delivering content that works just as well on a mobile as it would on a desktop, which this would as you can remove the top header and free up the space to fit more on the screen and maximise the visual area!

Such a relief that CSS can perform this task over more complex Jquery!

I PM'd you about another issue regarding the slug used for the works categories. Hopefully my last request now before the site goes live!

Thanks for all your help :)
  • AirAir
    chillwiddastill said: I PM'd you about another issue
    Yes your question was in queue as I was answering other people:-)
  • Ah ok no worries, just making sure you got it ;)

Hurry up yea :p haha