Before you ask please READ THIS

Demo Data Import Not Working / No manual import data

Hi,
Tried installing the demo data for Fatmoon/Memphis using the Apollo13 importer, but it fails every time (its showing PHP limits that aren't representative of what the actual PHP settings are on the server) In an attempt to go around this, the instructions mentioned uploading the data via the WP Import, however....there is no demo data folder in my package from Themeforest.

Help

Running WP 4.7.5
Fatmoon 1.3.0

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)
    gmgworldmedia said: its showing PHP limits that aren't representative of what the actual PHP settings are on the server
    Can you show me it? If table shows such limits then they are present in WordPress, and this is exactly what resources WordPress gets.
    1. Have you restarted your server after you made changes in its configuration?
    2. What settings importer show you as not qualified?
    gmgworldmedia said: In an attempt to go around this, the instructions mentioned uploading the data via the WP Import, however....there is no demo data folder in my package from Themeforest.
    Sorry, this are old instructions. I will fix it, as now demo data is only served by importer, cause of complexity of whole import process.

With kind regards.
    Hello Air,

I also have problem with import some demos - I was trying to import some different and all the time I got the note "Importer returned data in wrong format, so it can not continue. Probably unexpected HTML leaked into server reply instead of JSON format." How can I fix it?
    Kind regards, Sylwia
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)
    esgie said: "Importer returned data in wrong format, so it can not continue. Probably unexpected HTML leaked into server reply instead of JSON format." How can I fix it?
    When such thing is reported it can either come from some extra plugin or server issue.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

With kind regards.
    Hello Air!

Thank you for quick answer. Somehow it started to work! I've checked different demos and all of them can be installed now :)
  • AirAir
    That are great news! If only everything else would fix on its own :-)