Before you ask please READ THIS

Problem with static page as the frontpage.

edited October 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 3
Hi!
Thanks for this great theme!

Recently, i tried to display the Contact page as my home page, and i realized that Hypershot did not display it.
So i tried to make other kind of static page as my frontpage, and Hypershot didn't do it too.

What i've done:
- I created a new page named 'contact' with the 'contact' template chosen as the template.
- I checked the 'Page' option in the Main Settings menu of Hypershot
- I selected the 'Contact' page as my static page to display on the frontpage, in the 'Read' menu of WP.

But the only thing I see is the title of the chosen page, with the template of the blog.
I mean now I have on the frontpage the classical blog page titled 'Contact' hahahaha.

Could you help me?

Alex

PS: the final goal is to display my own template page as my frontpage. But first I tried to fix the problem of the classical way to put an already made page as my frontpage.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

I believe that you either have to delete front-page.php or rename it:-) If you won't do it, Wordpress will try to use this template.

Also if that won't be enough then in Settings->Reading set you desired page as front page:-)

Hope that will help:-)

With regards.
  • It woooooorks!
    Thank you!

Alex