Before you ask please READ THIS

Header bar & Google search

edited January 2014 in Superior Posts: 8
Hi there,

Me again, found a weird text showing up in google search. When you search for a website the following comes up;

Website title
www.websiteadres.com
intro text that google got from your website

The text displayed as intro text in google search is the text entered in the headerbar, wich is great. But for some reason the following line of text is added after text i entered;

"Main menu. Skip to primary content ..."

I don't know where its coming from. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

These are links and texts that are not visible in layout but that are visible for blind users or rather for their readers. They are added for accessibility.

If you want you can remove them from header.php line ~54, change:
                    <h3 class="assistive-text"><?php _fe( 'Main menu' ); ?></h3>
                    <?php /*  Allow screen readers / text browsers to skip the navigation menu and get right to the good stuff. */ ?>
                    <a class="assistive-text" href="#begin-of-content" title="<?php esc_attr_e( __fe('Skip to primary content') ); ?>"><?php _fe( 'Skip to primary content' ); ?></a>
                    <a class="assistive-text" href="#secondary" title="<?php esc_attr_e( __fe('Skip to secondary content') ); ?>"><?php _fe( 'Skip to secondary content' ); ?></a>

to
                    <h3 class="assistive-text"></h3>

This shouldn't break layout - h3 element is used in mobile menu, so test this change.

With regards.