Before you ask please READ THIS

Adding a space before homepage content breaks the site

in Xpert Posts: 9
Hello

I am trying to set up a homepage as per your example site on Themeforest. this is proving extremely difficult and confusing. Unfortunately the Documentation document does not shed much light as to how the navigation blocks (Navigation Slider??) is actually put together.

I've create additional pages for Blog, Portfolio, About me and a few others, but I am at a loss as to how to set it up on the homepage.

Just to be clear, I am talking about those large, colourful blocks that is used as navigation.

On a separate note, I am struggling to add "space" elements to the page too. My footer is sitting right up against the content. Any help would be appreciated.
Riaan

Comments

Hello.
    Please refer to http://www.apollo13.eu/docs/xpert/#!/page_design in order to see how to design homepage.
    Clue: homepage is designed within one page, it's not a composition of separate pages.
    RiaanP said: On a separate note, I am struggling to add "space" elements to the page too. My footer is sitting right up against the content. Any help would be appreciated.
    please send me an url to your website.
    Remember to rate our theme if you like it ;)
    All the Best.
    Thanks for getting back so quick.
    The site is here: http://aroradigital.co.za

I've had some luck after I imported your sample content.. but the site is acting weird. It EATS the processor so much so that I can't see the animations and my page transitions appear to be folding pages instead of a fade and slide like on yours. I've looked through all the settings and I can't see where to adjust that.

I'm working in Firefox on a mac.

I would NEVER have gotten that far. the visual editor is very clever, but also extremely confusing. I guess it's like most software where I need to learn the ins and outs first. :)
    I also see some javascript errors and super long load times.
    One of them is TypeError: window.vc_pieChart is not a function.
    You'll notice that the footer also disappears some times.
    RiaanP said:
    I've had some luck after I imported your sample content.. but the site is acting weird. It EATS the processor so much so that I can't see the animations and my page transitions appear to be folding pages instead of a fade and slide like on yours. I've looked through all the settings and I can't see where to adjust that.
    please go to Xpert Options >> Layout >> General and switch off 'Use accordion effect on content blocks?' parameter.
    It's more like experimental and for now it's working acceptabily only with pages with 'modest' content.

After switching this off - let me know I'll inspect your website again.
    All the Best.
    Alright, excellent! that improved the performance.
    My "nav" blocks still appears to be stuck though.. I see a JS error when I click on Resume:
    TypeError: window.vc_pieChart is not a function

I wonder if that is linked to when I removed the pie charts from the sample content.?
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,758
    RiaanP said: I wonder if that is linked to when I removed the pie charts from the sample content.?
    Yes! You're right - this issue is known. Tomorrow we'll send an updated theme to ThemeForest, and approximately tomorrow it'll be available to download from ThemeForest. I'll let You know when it's ready.

and of course: adding a single pie chart will do, it's a temporary quickfix
    Post edited by surgeon on
    All the Best.
    Fantastic. Thank you, Surgeon, for all your assistance. I'm real excited to build up the theme some more! :) Till tomorrow.
    FYI - updated Xpert (version 1.0.2) is available to download from ThemeForest.
    All the Best.
    Hi again!
    unfortunetaly there's a small bug in version 1.0.2, I did not test this update well enought.
    I'll do my best to release next update this week.
    All the Best.
    Aaah, that is unfortunate. I'll install the new one so long just in case it gives me a slightly better experience. :) Best of luck, thanks for the hard work.
    Hello,
    there's new and improved version of Xpert theme, please download it from ThemeForest.
    All the Best.