Before you ask please READ THIS

Problem with Album on Home page

edited December 2012 in Spaceship Posts: 15
I just updated Wordpress to 3.5 and then my images for my home page album stopped showing up.
I looked at general settings and it's set to a specific album but it's just the loading graphic and no images or thumbnails are coming up.
Temporarily I set the home page to use the album as a background. But this does not allow me to have thumbnails across the bottom.
I need to resolve this quickly. How can we move forward. I need help.

Comments

• AirAir
    edited December 2012 Posts: 10,970
    You need help? I need it also - provide link to broken page ;-)

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    pembrokestudios.com
    I can't show it because then no images or thumbnails show. Atleast with the current set up I can see the gallery but no thumbnails.
    What is not working is the Main Settings > Front page settings > Select Album
    The I chose the album and no thumbnails or images load.
    Thanks
  • AirAir
    OK thanks for more info, I will try to check it on my installation in a minute. I think your topic is connected with this one http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/662/spaceship-start-album-no-function#Item_2

You have posted in close time interval ;-)

With regards.
  • AirAir
    Just updated WP, tested album on front page and it works nice. This could be different issue, and I can't reproduce it. I will need you to activate your page in a way you described it is not working, so I could check if any other plugin don't interfere with theme.

If you won't do it in 10 minutes from now ,then I am going to sleep, so you can try to do it in about 10 hours from now and then post, so I could check.

With regards.
  • AirAir
    OK other user showed me this, so I will try to solve it with him :-)
    EDIT:
    check if this solution also works for you http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/662/spaceship-start-album-no-function#Item_4

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    I deactivated the Wordpress SEO and it started to work again.
    Please keep me advised when there is a fix for this.
    Thank you.
  • Had the same problem, and this fixed it. Thanks, and yes please advise if a fix is found.
  • AirAir
    Yes, I will check this while doing newest update. But I don't like this plugin collision with our theme.

With regards.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 7
    I seem to be having the same problem (only in Firefox), but I don't have Wordpress SEO installed. http://clarkegalusha.com/
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Post edited by jenmcilhenny on
  • AirAir
    If only one browser, then it might be something with it settings, or cache. I just opened it in firefox and it run smoothly :-)

With regards.
  • Hmmm...It's happening on multiple computers in Firefox. Cache is cleared and isn't making a difference. The site was working fine for the past month or so and no edits to the site have been made. Do you have any other suggestions I might try?
    Thanks so much!
  • AirAir
    Opened once again on firefox and I don't see issue described in this topic. Maybe you mean something else? Could you send screen shot of your problem? Have you checked on multiple computers in same network or in custom people houses(it could make a difference)?

I Hope we will solve it:-)

With regards.
    Have we found the issue with the Wordpress SEO plugin? I tried today and the issue persists.
    Thank you.
  • AirAir
    Yes I found it, and I am just finishing update. I have got Christmas delay in work ... :-)

I will write here when update will be available on ThemeForest.

With regards.
  • Hi. I've attached a screen shot for the home page. I'm on a Mac on Firefox 17.0.1. I've also asked other people on both PC's and Mac's to check the site (with Firefox) and they all are having the same result. In the photo gallery the photo pops up for a split second and then disappears. I checked to see if there was a link where the image should be and there isn't. Thanks so much again.
    Screen shot 2012-12-28 at 10.02.22 PM.png
    1344 x 840 - 380K
  • AirAir
    Here is screen shot from my PC Firefox.

I asked before:
    Air said: Have you checked on multiple computers in same network or in custom people houses(it could make a difference)?
    By same network I mean for example network in office.

I admit that this very odd what is happening, but I just can't recreate your issue on any browser, and this why we can't get any further. Please tell me what about other browsers? Is it good on them?

With regards.
    w.jpg
    1280 x 861 - 131K
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    Update with many fixes and tweaks will be soon available on ThemeForest to download. You will get notification in your wordpress admin. This problem is solved in update as well.

With regards and happy new year!
  • Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to the update.

To further answer your question: Yes, I have looked at 4 separate networks (my home, the site owner's network, my husband's work network and a developer friend's work network). All separate networks have produced the same photo slider glitch where the photo appears for a split second and then is gone.

A bit more detail: Based on the screenshot you sent me, it appears you're taking a look at the first slide of the gallery, which I see also. It's the following 11 or so slides that are acting glitchy.

I'm attaching a screenshot of http://clarkegalusha.com/?album=improving-bernice. In this photo slider the photos are acting a bit differently than the other albums (still glitchy, but easier to screen capture). Maybe it will help clarify?

Also, the site looks great on IE, Safari and Chrome on all the separate networks I've tried.

Thanks again for looking into this. I really appreciate your time.
    Screen shot 2012-12-28 at 10.12.00 PM.png
    1344 x 840 - 523K
  • AirAir
    edited January 2013 Posts: 10,970
    Update is available since that day I posted previous post ;-)
    jenmcilhenny said: Based on the screenshot you sent me, it appears you're taking a look at the first slide of the gallery, which I see also.
    Haha, I specially made not first slide screen shot to show you that it works for me;-) Maybe you have Random option on. Anyway I use Firefox as my main browser on Windows Vista, and each time I revisit this topic I am checking your site there.

Hmmm you know, I maybe know what are you talking about so please try to update theme! There was issue in recent version of firefox with position: fixed elements, and I tried to find out what made our other them so lagging in album view. After some testing I found it that "complex" elements with position: fixed was having problems, and albums are just such elements. When I was preparing last update I faced same issues with Spaceship, but I made some changes and it started to work. Also I have latest version on firefox(17.0.1) and I am not seeing this issue. Maybe it is now hiding from me, but I believe that update should fix it!

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Ah, thanks for the heads up on the updates :-)

Regarding the update...do you have any guidance for how best to install the updates.? I want to make sure I don't overlook any steps. My client is getting quite anxious for the fix. He just received an email from a peer saying that all the photo sliders are really glitchy and not viewable (Firefox on a Mac).

Thanks again!

• AirAir
    Follow this one http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/#!/installation_update_update_theme

Hope this will be solved now!

With regards.
  • Hello again. I've followed the steps provided on the link above: (http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/#!/installation_update_update_theme). I'm receiving an error message that the installation failed (see 1st screen shot). I also tried to update through the Updates notification on the Wordpress admin panel and received a different error message (see 2nd attachment). Any thoughts?

In the meantime, I've turned off the auto play on the photo slider for each album. This does enable the user to see the slides, they just have to advance to the next slide manually using the left/right arrows. We'd love the auto slide back though :)

Thanks again, and again!
    J
    Screen shot 2013-01-07 at 3.29.08 PM.png
    1344 x 840 - 402K
    Screen shot 2013-01-07 at 3.01.53 PM.png
    1344 x 840 - 407K
  • AirAir
    Sorry but it looks like you totally not followed instructions about update, cause then you wouldn't try auto update feature in Wordpress, as it is clearly explained it is not working for our themes.
    Also you should use plugin for update, just as explained there, cause of your screen shots it looks like you tried manual update. Read again please and follow instructions. Hope this time you will get it done :-)

With regards.
  • Ah ha! So apparently I need to follow directions a bit more closely. Thanks for your patience. I neglected the plugin and went for the theme install without it. Mistake fixed, theme updated and the site is running beautifully. Thanks for your help. Take care.
  • AirAir
    edited January 2013 Posts: 10,970
    That are really great informations!
    Wish you best luck:-)

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on