Before you ask please READ THIS

Front page album error with "Wordpress SEO" active

edited February 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 19
Hi!

I have run into a problem when I am using a album on the front page index. It works just fine until I Activate the plug in "wordpress SEO". I know its not your plugin but I have been talking to them and they blame the theme set up. I have made my first page to an album and it works just fine, but if I have the SEO active you cant click on any images in the album for enlargement. It only effects the first page, not any other album on any other page on my website. I have no idea why I cant click on the images in the album. Or why the plugin is doing it. Maybe the SEO wants a static page as index and gets confused when the theme wants to show an album.

My set up:

In wordpress:
First page as static

In hypershot:
What to show on front page? I have choose "selected album" - and then the album I want to show.

Please help, I love the theme, but I really need the "Wordpress SEO" plugin to work with it.

Best Regards!
Triztic

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

What version of theme are you using? We know that since wordpress 3.5, plugin wordpress SEO plugin is affecting front page in our theme and I still don't know why(some deep problem), but we have made workaround for it(you can see it in changelog).
    Here is topics:
    http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/2544
    http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/3254

I can highly recommend not using Wordpress SEO plugin with Hypershot or not setting up album on front page if you must use it(I wonder why you must?).

With regards.
  • Hi

Thanks for your answer. I use the latest version. The Wordpress SEO is the most powerful SEO plugin on the market. And yes you still need data/info on your website, but. The SEO helps you how to make that data/info useful and much more. So I really need to use it, and I really want to have an album on my front page to :)

I don't find the workaround? Seems to me that people still have problems with it and just deactivate the plugin as a solution.

Love the theme and would hate to be forced to find I new one.

Best Regards.
  • AirAir
    Hello

As I said: it is fixed:-) Cause albums were not loading at all(on front page) with this plugin(and WP 3.5). Can you post link to your site and explain in one sentence/screen shot what is not working cause I am confused :-)

I was trying to find few times why Wordpress SEO plugin is messing detection of front page with our theme(or maybe with other also) but with no luck yet. I will search again this weekend maybe.

With regards.
  • Hi

Try to click on any images on the start page.
    http://www.fotograftobias.se

Best Regards.
  • AirAir
    Wow, that is just annoying(from this plugin site) :-/ OK I will search what is going on in there, cause it is just impossible to make workaround for every little option. I am sorry you are facing this difficulties. I am almost sure it is not problem of our theme, but I will make tests tomorrow.

With regards.
  • AirAir
    OK 3 long hours of debugging to insert just one line to fix all :-)
    Go to front-page.php line ~63 and change
    define('CALLED_FROM_FRONT_PAGE', get_the_ID());
    to
    define('CALLED_FROM_FRONT_PAGE', get_the_ID());

$GLOBALS['wp_the_query'] = $GLOBALS['wp_query'];
    We will release this as official update after weekend.

With regards and thanks for giving me impulse!
  • BAM! :)

It works just fine now! Thank you so so much!!

Best Regards!