Before you ask please READ THIS

Opening photos in bricks mode with lightbox - i don't want arrows to move with the photo

edited March 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 36
And i have one more question...about the brick theme....so when you click on the photo it opens in new box.But when you click on the next photo(arrows) if the photo is not the same size or it's in different format(landscape-portrait) the arrows move with the photo and you have to move your mouse to click on it.

Is there any way(or some pluggin) that when you click on the photo in the brick mode that it would show photo in full screen like in full theme...or that arrows would be fixed on the end of the screen so you wouldn't have to move your mouse every time.

I think this is super theme and thanks for all the help and quick responses!
You are really frendly and i will recommend you to everybody who is interested in good themes and service!

Thx

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

You can use this custom CSS to fix arrows on sides of screen
    .nyroModalPrev, .nyroModalNext{
    position: fixed;
    left: 0;
    }
    .nyroModalNext{
    right: 0;
    left: auto;
    }
    By the way you can also use keyboard arrows to change photos in lightbox.

With regards.
    I know :)
    But now when you miss the arrow,and click on black space..the lightbox goes away.Can you fix that?
    Or even better...can you make that when you click on the photos it opens them on the "Full theme" mode..that is really perfect with arrows and prew. on the side..and you don't have to worry if you miss the arrow.
    So your full theme insted of lightbox.. :)
  • AirAir
    Yield said: But now when you miss the arrow,and click on black space..the lightbox goes away.Can you fix that?
    You are pushing it Yield - it was working this way whole time so no fixing for you just don't miss arrow.
    Yield said: Or even better...can you make that when you click on the photos it opens them on the "Full theme"
    You are pushing it really badly now. Just use full theme with thumbs open on start(Go to your album, and enable option Show thumbnails/text/none on page load)

Have fun:-)

With regards.

• edited March 2013 Posts: 36
    Why am i pushing it?...because i asked?
    You said that i should open new topics and i did.I am not web designer,programer and i don't know is it even possible to change what i asked or how much work does it need.
    I not trying to disrespect your work and i think that theme would be even better for all users.

And now i want too much because i said that the lightbox closes when you miss the arrows and ask you if i can use something differnet because it's really anying?

Brick mode is really nice and i think it would be even better if there was some other plugin for photos and not lightbox for all the reasons i mentioned above ....i just mentioned your Full screen mode because it's really good and it's a good example and i wonderd if there is such plugin...

But if that is ok to you..and your awnser is that is working that way all the time and just don't miss arrows....well i can't do anything about it...you are the designer.

If it's a problem for you,you can just say NO!...for whatever reason..if it's too much work or you don't agree with me.I would respect that.

Sorry about the questions, i won't ask you anything anymore you can delete my other post too.

Thx for all the help.
    Regards
    Post edited by Yield on
  • AirAir
    edited March 2013 Posts: 10,970
    Air said:
    Have fun:-)
    All "pushing it" meant to be sarcasm for not possible things. This is why I wrote above line also. Also keep in mind that I am not native english speaker so maybe I messed up tone. Sorry if you felt hurt.

I won't answer every not true thing written in your post, cause I see you went emotional about it, but as I said I just wanted keep up our(you & me) speed with fast question and fast reply as I felt it was fun:-)
    Yield said: Sorry about the questions, i won't ask you anything anymore you can delete my other post too.
    That would be kind of stupid from my side as I wanted it to be also useful to others :-)

Haha from best support to worst support - life:-)

-----
    Oooook back to topic
    Yield said: you are the designer.
    Nope I am developer :-) Daniel is designer. But you are right it could be annoying if you miss arrow. As I said it worked same without this customization, so strange you didn't notice it there.
    What can be done to 'fix it'?
    1.We can disable closing ligthbox on clicking in overlay(I wouldn't recommend it as it is well known behaviour)
    2. We can move arrow graphic far away from edge of real arrow element.
    3. We can highlight arrow area on hover, so no one using mouse wont miss clickable area.

What do you think?

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 36
    Keep in mind that I am not native english speaker too,so there was missunderstanding lol.I thought you were mad at me and my questions.
    Anyway...back to topic!
    Yeah,it did work the same even before the customization..but i forgot to mention it right away because when the arrows were close to photos it didn't happen that much and i didn't test so many times.When you moved them on the edge that problem popped out more.

Well if you can't change the lightbox then i guess the solution no3. would be the best.

I don't like lightbox because :

1.In chrome it's broken sometimes....i get lines when i change the photos and sometimes the X sign is gone- i read about the problem on the forum,and you said it's because of chrome refrashe rate or something...i've input the code you wrote..it's better now..but sometimes it the same or it's just stop working so you have to turn it of.
    2.If you have lot's of photos in brick gallery...and you open the first and start to click on the next..and so on..if you miss the click on the arrow the lighbox closes ...and it's really anoying.
    3.It's even more anyoing if you have to chase the arrows when you go trough photos(as it's on default mode)

I thought it was possible to remove that anoying thng so you don't miss the arrow by acident and close the lightbox.

And i know that you can use keyboard to move on to the next photo..but ppl don't use them much.

I sended link of my page to lot's of ppl via facebook.Just to test the site and to report bugs...and only thing they complained is about lightbox...the rest was all compliments for your theme :)

Thx again and you got 5 stars for the theme anyway....oh sorry..you and the designer ;)
    Post edited by Yield on
  • AirAir
    Nice and thanks:-)

OK so maybe it will be good to deactivate turning off of lightbox by clicking overlay.
    To do it unpack attached file and insert it in hypershot/js. It is specially modified script for you :-)

Also we can do this small thing to make hover of clickable area of arrows

.nyroModalPrev:hover, .nyroModalNext:hover{
    background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.2);
    }
    With regards.
    zip
    zip
    script.zip
    Done..i think it's working!
    http://www.hrvojegolubic.com/Albums/concepts/ is it ok?

Well sir,thank you once again!
    :)
  • AirAir
    Looks OK :-)
    Works perfect!
    Thank you!