Before you ask please READ THIS

Album full view - Silde text

edited April 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 13
Hi,

How can I make only the 'h1.caption' in Album full-view #slide-text to be the album title instead of the caption.
Right now the caption just repeats itself bigger in the sliding text. It would be more useful for me to make it the album title.

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

Element that you mention is for title of each image/video. As I understand you wish to make it title of Album instead?

With regards.
    Exatly. But only the h1.caption in the sliding-text. The normal small caption can stay as it is.
    Is that possible?

Cheers.
  • AirAir
    What is small caption? Description?

To do it go to hypershot/advance/cpt_album.php line ~202
    and change
    $caption            = trim( get_post_meta($ID, '_post_image_name_' . $i, true) );
    to
    $caption            = get_the_title($ID);
    With regards.
    Thanks!
    But that's not exactly what I meant. Now both the small caption and the big caption are the album title. http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8533/8619355210_d340b45406.jpg

I wanted only the Large one (in the sliding frame above the album description text) to be the album Title. The small caption should remain the image title.

I hope I explained it clearly enough.

Cheers.
  • AirAir
    No friend you , it wasn't in your question:-)
    angusrs said: The normal small caption can stay as it is.
    "Can" is not "must", and you explained now what is small caption to you, so still I couldn't know:-)

BUT still both elements use the same content, so without bigger modification it is not possible. So you will have to take what we achieved, or we can look for other solution to your case.

With regards,

• edited April 2013 Posts: 13
    Thanks Air, for explaining. I see what you mean.

Is it then possible to add an independent Album Title ($title) element with "get_the_title($ID)" expression in the sliding text, to appear above the h1.caption element?

What I'm trying to achieve is to have the Album/Gallery Title mentioned somewhere when needed while watching the gallery. The descriptions I put is for the whole Album content, not for each image — so it makes sense (in my case) to put the Album Title above the description. That way I can style each element differently and the "user" will get full and clearer information about each project.

To have the Album Title appear only in the browser window title is not enough.

Please let me know if it's possible.

Cheers.
    Post edited by angusrs on
  • AirAir
    It would require extra coding in JavaScript files which I would like to avoid.
    I think we could just connect both text in one element, and if needed hide whole text in "small caption".

To connect both titles we merge previous change into
    $caption            = get_the_title($ID) . '<br />' . trim( get_post_meta($ID, '_post_image_name_' . $i, true) );
    Check if you accept it. Then we can work on "small caption" to hide it.

With regards.
    Thanks!
    Now it looks like this: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8387/8623841973_4c9f31d015.jpg

I guess that's better than before (except the small break tag) in terms of information.
    It would be better if the Big Caption can be styled differently (with CSS) from the Big Album title

So you are suggesting to split the Small Caption to two IDs/classes so i could hide the 'Album title' from the small caption?

cheers
  • AirAir
    angusrs said: So you are suggesting to split the Small Caption to two IDs/classes so i could hide the 'Album title' from the small caption?
    Hmmm that is a cool idea, but it won't work as text in small caption is inserted as text not as HTML, that is why <br /> is visible.

I would hide small caption and left only small arrow like this:
    #show-text {
    text-indent: -9999px;
    }
    Remember that you can always set album that description area will be visible on load.

If it is still not acceptable, we will have to edit JS files to insert this text in small caption as HTML. Simple change, but changing JS files is less safe in case of updates.

With regards.
    Thanks Air, for thinking with me on this.

I think the small caption is important for me to show image title, so hiding it completely isn't a good solution in my case. Also showing the full info isn't a very pretty solution.

perhaps altering the JS file would be a good customized solution, I could fairly easily repeat on update.

but if we choose that direction, of altering a JS file, isn't it simpler to leave the #captions as it was (with only the image title), and instead just adding a separate Album Title element above the Big Caption? If that can be done simply in JS, maybe that's the "cleanest" way?

Cheers
  • AirAir
    Hi!
    Sorry for delayed answer, I am very busy closing new theme.

As for your question, then changing one call from .text() to .html() and tuning with CSS will be much easier then adding new element. I know this cause I made it ;-)

So first you will have to deactivate compressed scripts http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/#!/advance_menu
    Next go to themes\hypershot\js\uncompressed\album-view-full.js line ~1881 and change:
    show_text.text(_title);
    to:
    show_text.html(_title);
    Now you can add span with class and hide <br /> in small caption. Do you need help with CSS?

With regards.
    Thank you so much, Air!
    This seemed to work quite nicely! :)

Now I noticed this strange thing in Safari.. where it seems to go crazy with the icons.
    Do you think it's due to these changes? Or a broken script somewhere?
    (see attachments)
    Screen shot 2013-04-09 at 2.29.04 PM.png
    494 x 514 - 61K
    Screen shot 2013-04-09 at 2.29.33 PM.png
    410 x 74 - 5K
  • AirAir
    I can see that your browser is taking icons for HIGH DPI screens(ex. Retina). Without link I can't tell any more. Also please tell is it desktop safari or mobile(iPhone/iPad).

With regards.
    the link is angusrshamal.com
    Thanks

I also noticed yesterday that the changes we did for the Caption, also effects the captions in the Bricks mode (see Tearsheets). But there the caption is formatted as Text, so I can not get rid of the Album title and tags. How to fix that, please?
  • AirAir
    I can see you have edited theme and file http://www.angusrshamal.com/wp-content/themes/hypershot/images/black/controlls.png is not what it should but rather http://www.angusrshamal.com/wp-content/themes/hypershot/images/black/controlls@2x.png - you have to fix it.

Bricks mode
    In this case I think you mean it shows up wrong in lightbox. I really don't want to try to edit lightbox script. I think in this case adding other element just like you asked would be wiser but this larger change and it looks like deeper theme customization, which we don't do(free or paid) as we don't have time and man power for that.

I would rather use format Album name - photo name and close the case.
    Call me lazy, but it doesn't sound like worth spent time on it:-)

With regards.