Before you ask please READ THIS

Activate Glass Effect by default on home page

edited April 2013 in Spaceship Posts: 4
Hi everyone,

I've installed Spaceship and it works great! Now I really like the Glass Effect but I would like to use it in a bit different way.
When I arrive on my site, I would like to see nothing but a background picture. When I hit the left click on my mouse, I would like that to trigger Glass Effect and display the header, footer and static page.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

It would require extra changes in JavaScript which always require extra testing, so not possible.

Anyway we left glass effect with mouse cursor only to be compatible with previous version of SpaceShip, as this setting not safe action for touch devices, like iPad, as there is nothing to hover with. We strongly advise to use light bulb glass effect instead.

With regards.
  • Thank you for your help. I did not think about touch devices. So can you confirm it would not be possible to have the default view to be "Fade out"?
    Pressing the bulb would then make the content of the site appear.

Thanks!
  • AirAir
    Making it would be same difficult(edit of JS files) but that is not the case. Do you imagine how much annoying would be your site, when to see content you have to activate light bulb on every reload? This wouldn't be user friendly, and you are making site for users, right?:-)

With regards.
  • Hi Air,

Thanks for your comment. Yes you are right. Maybe at the 10th visit the user gets annoyed by having to click on the bulb on the homepage. I'll try. Thanks again!