Before you ask please READ THIS

portfolio slider butts directly to footer top line, no space between

edited April 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 28
Hello, I can't figure out why there is no buffer white space between the end of the portfolio slider and the beginning of the top line of the footer.

I don't want related posts added like in the skyfashion demo, but there, there is white space properly.

using wp ver 3.5.1
theme version 1.8
only active plug-in is jetpack.
no code mods.
site: http://dev.atmospheresflorida.com/portfolio/
screen shot attached, but lines are light taupe, easier to see on site

I tried a couple line breaks on the portfolio page but didn't affect layout. can't launch like this, need help fixing layout, thank you! -Vicki
screen shot portfolio footer.jpg
800 x 630 - 69K

Comments

• Hi,
    have you manged to fix it? I can't see problem from screenshot on your page. What browser do you use?

Best,
    Miłosz
    Hi Milosz, no I have no idea how to fix this. Sorry I didn't realize I didn't attach screenshot properly before, I'm not used to this forum. The footer line is still butting directly against bottom of portfolio slider pics. I'm attaching another screen shot so maybe you can see the line problem. also, have been developing in Firefox 20.0.1, current ver, which this screenshot is using. portfolio project pg Firefoximage home pg Firefox image

I checked in IE8 and it's a nightmare, no line at all at top of footer, doesn't display icon on top, no bg color showing, latest works should display one row, 4 across, and the font doesn't render correctly at all. using PT Sans, google fonts on for all fonts. attaching 2nd screenshot for IE view. portfolio project pg IE8 image home pg IE8 image

the sky fashion live demo displays fine on both browsers using the PT Sans demo. don't understand how display using theme can be so different from demo?? and this is hosted on godaddy.com if that helps. Thank you for your assistance!
    screen shot Firefox 20.0.1.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 103K
    screen shot IE8.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 125K
    screenshot IE8 home pg.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 210K
    screenshot home pg Firefox 20.0.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 243K
  • Hi,
    thanks for information and screens. Now I see where is problem.

Can you send me your username and password at support@apollo13.eu?

I will fix it for you.

Have you made some changes in or code?

Best,
    Miłosz
    Hi VickiP,

Few questions,
    1. How have you disabled related portfolio items?
    2. How have you created file for logo? It's size is realy big and file seems to be corrupted.

With regards
    Hi Argone
    1. I'm not sure what you mean by disabling portfolio items. There are no options in the portfolio theme settings to disable. I haven't modified anything with the portfolio code and I'm using the portfolio as is. I simply used the "portfolio details - add image and video" box in the works section and added each image. I only made modification to the blog page to remove comments and category tags, and this problem was happening before I made that modification. As soon as I created the portfolios, the line thing displayed like this.

2. the logo has white space around it in the image for layout, otherwise menu bar too close to it and the logo has no presence. but I created it the max dimensions the theme allows 220px wide x 140 px high. It's not corrupted b/c it displays in firefox and chrome fine. I only have IE8 installed, haven't been able to view it in IE9 or IE10. is there something about IE8 in particular that is causing display so distorted? not sure why the logo size would be undisplayable by IE8. also confusing thing is that skyfashion themeforest demo displays perfectly in IE8. I don't know what is different to be causing distorted display of entire page and font.

Thanks so much for your help, let me know if you have any more questions! -Vicki
    Logo:

Please try to use attached logo
    atmospheres-200x140-logo.png
    200 x 140 - 11K
    Portfolio:

Try to add in widgets (appearance/widgets) into Portfolio sidebar our related projects widget.

Hi Argone, thx, the logo resize now displays in IE.

The rest of the site still displays unbalanced though :(
    1. the latest works on home page is shifted,
    2. the portfolio page thumbnails are shifted,
    3. using bg img on contacts pg, doesn't show full screen,
    4. the articles/blog page, no feature photos show and
    5. the font doesn't display clean, is one of the options in the theme, disappointing.
    I don't understand how can be so different than how demo displays, any ideas?

as for portfolio page slider, I put an empty text widget on the portfolio page template and that fixed it, although still different from demo, I am happy with white space now, thanks so much!!
    Hi VickiP,

I installed Skyfashion theme on fresh WordPress and compared it to your blog. My installation looks like on demo (in IE too) and your installation looks different than my. You don't have a few functions that are implemented (for examlple hoover action on portfolio element).

Please try to disable all plugins. If it will still not work, try to reinstall theme on fresh wordpress installation.

Let me know if it works.

With regards
    oh how curious. I don't have that many plug-ins but I will test them with fresh install, sorry that didn't occur to me, thank you so much for your time, I will test tonight and let you know, have a good day!
    I'm waiting for information.

With regards
    apologies for delay, had death in family :(
    there was only 1 plug-in active, jetpack, which I disabled and no change. have to try reinstall :( will get back to you as soon as I can test that, thanks so much for your help!!! wish me luck on reinstall.... :)
  • Hello Argone, project was put on hold by client, now they want to move ahead. I did fresh install on separate subdir, of both wp and most current skyfashion theme update. I made sure to transfer in ftp as binary, since that had created problems originally. I have no plugins active. Only mod I made was to delete the post info block for date/tags/comments in blog.php, loop.php and loop-single.php, front-page.php IE8 still looks weird. font displays strangely, front page 4 col portfolio gets wrapped around/bumped, and on articles (blog) page, no pictures displaying, and inside the first article you can see the images are overstretched . any ideas? it took me hours to reinstall and rebuild the entire site, I really don't want to have to do that again... thx in advance for your help -Vickiimageimageimage
    docx
    docx
    IE8 screen caps after reinstall.docx
    1M
  • sorry here's new test site and imgs attached
    atmospheresflorida.com/test
    IE8 front pg.png
    700 x 550 - 194K
    IE8 articles pg.png
    700 x 550 - 66K
    IE8 design process blog article pg.png
    700 x 550 - 144K
  • sorry I guess the IE display should've been separate thread, b/c the original line display space on portfolio pg is fine.

update, I downloaded IE9, and displays beautifully, so just IE8 display problem. thx