Before you ask please READ THIS

Portfolio Thumbnail Color

edited December 2011 in Airlock Posts: 95
Hi Sorry its me agian;-)

Please i need a tip where i can find the Code to change the Color of the White upper Part from the Portfolio Thumbnail Icon and from the Previews of the Recent Projects on the Sidebar .
I tried hours to find it with Firebug in Firefox and manually in "style-light.css" but with no Luck.
Maybe you can tell me where i have to search.

thanks in advance
Color.jpg
980 x 490 - 376K
Post edited by elay on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi elay.

If you really used firebug you would do it in minute ;-)
    Look:
    1. Open page in firefox
    2. Press f12.
    3. Choose blue arrow icon, and select interesting element.
    4. Selected div is .item-content and you see it don't have background color(so not here).
    5. Check if any descendant could have background for this case (nope, they take to small space)
    6. Check if any ancestor have background color/image(Yes .elastic .item has background color, style-light line 469).

In that case however this won't solve your problem, cause there is element.style defined for it(inline style). And here where I come in :-)

There is inline style cause of hover effects. To change this color go to custom/js/grayscale.js
    lines 25 and 39
    change values of backgroundColor

Sorry you have lost hours for searching for it.

With regards.
    Thanks a lot
    i will try it :-)

I could change the most things via Firebug and my Custom CSS Plugin but only this was impossible for me.
    The White Part of the Thumbnails for Recent Projects in Sidebar are also in the js/grayscale.js ??

• AirAir
    Yes, same part of code should change it.

With regards.
    Hi
    So now i have change the Line 39 to my Favorite Color and it change the Color, but only when i roll over for one time over the Item. Before i roll over the white upper Part of the Item it is White.

Any Idea ?

thanks
  • AirAir
    edited December 2011 Posts: 10,970
    I told you, lines 25 and 39 :-) One if for hover one for normal.
    Post edited by Air on
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 95
    I changed both Lines but it is the same.
    I want to change the White Background of the Item to this Code: 1e1914

So i replaced the Colorcode in Line 25 and 39 but when i reload the site it is still White at the first time. It change the coler when i roll over one time.
    For me its only important to change the White Background of the Item. The Color of the Rollover i changed it in my custom CSS in WP.
    Untitled-1.jpg
    549 x 487 - 130K
    Post edited by elay on
  • AirAir
    edited December 2011 Posts: 10,970
    Did you also changed .elastic .item background color in style-light line 469 ? If not, do it, cause theme is using this value on load.
    Post edited by Air on
    No i didn`t change it. I thought only Values in grayscale.js

thanks
    Hi now it works thanks again.
    I also have set the grayscale effect of the Item to 0.8
    But here i have the same effekt like the Colorproblem. When i roll over the item it becomes a grayscale item after i roll over.But i want to leave it from the beginning as a greyscale item.
    Do i have set a Value for the Alpha in another file too ??

thanks in advance.
  • AirAir
    You shouldn't touch opacity in this case.
    Anyway I don't think there is any more opacity options(for this particular thing)

With regards.
    I have tried it and found it looks cool when the Items are Greyscaled.
    otherwise i have to upload all thumnail Items as a Grayscale Image.
    And when it works with this workaround it would be great.
    But the best would be the images are in generel gayscaled and at rollover it becomes a colorized effect :-))

I know a lot of wishes but you know Christmas is on tha way
  • AirAir
    airlock/common/js/grayscale.js

Delete from lines 6 to 20.

Add this code there instead

// clone image
    $('.elastic .item img, .widget-container div.item .item-image img').each(function(index){
    var el = $(this);
    el.css({"position":"absolute"}).wrap("").clone().addClass('img_grayscale').css({"position":"absolute","z-index":"998","opacity":"0"}).insertBefore(el).queue(function(){
    var el = $(this);
    el.parent().css({"width":this.width,"height":this.height});
    el.dequeue();
    });
    if($.browser.msie){
    this.style.filter = 'progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(grayScale=1) alpha(opacity=0)';
    }
    else{
    this.src = grayscale(this.src);
    }
    });
    Grayscale images will show after all images are loaded.

With regards.
    great thanks a lot