Before you ask please READ THIS

Images not sharp

edited April 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 46
Hi,

I am one happy owner of Beach Please - brilliant theme! :)

However - no matter what I do or how I save - my images don't look sharp on my website at all.

I will be presenting design and photography so one part will be vector images and the other part photographs.

But even if I save logos etc. as PNGs they still look blurry whether it'd be on a slider or in a lightbox.

Please check those two attached pictures - one image was open with Preview on a Mac and the other one is screenshot from Safari - image in a lightbox.

The size of the image is 960 x 640px.

Thanks for help.

David

Well, cannot upload images for some reason - so here are the links:

http://dbwebtest.eu/DB test images/Preview Screen shot 2013-04-25 at 14.29.50.png

http://dbwebtest.eu/DB test images/Web Screen shot 2013-04-25 at 14.30.02.png

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)
    bruno7 said: Well, cannot upload images for some reason - so here are the links
    Probably cause of fancy names:-) files uploaded should be name without space and fancy characters :-)

Anyway more helpful would be live link in that case. Reason your blurry images might have many reasons and asking all possible questions would be hard:-)

So live link please:-)
    bruno7 said: I am one happy owner of Beach Please - brilliant theme! :)
    Thanks a lot!

With regards.
    :-)
    I just quickly uploaded those files - didn't think about renaming them.

Well - take a look here, I've disabled maintenance plugin for a while: http://www.davidbauer.cz/

If I understand right - when I have my images uploaded at 960 px wide max then I can only use Scroller for Works posts as Slider and Full Width will mess those images and upscale them, right?

Now even the scroller does not work properly - try to go to that AR Lifts post from the frontpage. It works though if you refresh while on that post page.

• AirAir
    bruno7 said: If I understand right - when I have my images uploaded at 960 px wide max then I can only use Scroller for Works posts as Slider and Full Width will mess those images and upscale them, right?
    Depending on resolution - yes.

This is how does look image resized by wordpress http://www.davidbauer.cz/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/AR-Lifts-logo_web1-750x500.png it is from scroller.
    I am not "mister sharp eye" and for me it look OK :-) But I think if you really need perfect quality you have to upload images in exact sizes, in this case images that are 500px high.
    Please try it and come back to me with results. I know there is some plugin in which you can set quality of compression in Wordpress but I will have to search for it. I know it will not affect PNG files, however resizing of image does affect it(quality).

With regards.
    I get it - I will need to prepare all the images according to your guidelines, depending on where exactly I will use them - 500px high for Scroller, 504 x 384 for Works list etc.
    That might actually help it when I think about it.

Anyway - if I want to use Full Width image, what is the size - 960 px wide is not enough, it gets resized?

Check the site again please, I just uploaded images to the Scroller (which btw still doesn't work when you go form the front page) 500px high but they're still not as sharp as they should be. I'll try to look for that plugin.

Strangely - check images in Foto>Svatba gallery - here is everything just perfect and even after all the resizing these pictures look great.

It might only affect vector-based images...

Thanks for help.
    I still am unable to find solution - check this screenshot - web image on the left and Preview image on the right. Same size, same kind - png.

web_left_preview_right.png
    1352 x 547 - 54K
  • AirAir
    Your site is not visible for me right now, but no worries.

You know, I think we will achieve nothing with using standard methods, cause it is not possible to have auto resized images and best quality(maybe there is something that could be changed in Wordpress like this plugin https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simplejpegquality/ ). As this is made for most users to auto scale their uploaded images, we will have to work underground:-)

If you really need best quality(hope someone will appreciate your effort) then best would be to change images on FTP. Just check what is name of image, and then replace it with your own version. I know it doesn't sound tempting(probably there is some plugin that could help in this work) but this is only full method. You can always change only this images that you don't like results.

Hope that helps somehow.

With regards.

Sorry, I've got Maintenance plugin on as I've already given away some business cards and I don't want people staring while I work on the website. :-)
    I can turn it off for you anytime, no problem.

That would be just too much work, going through FTP and I just tried few images - does look nearly the same to me, not worth the effort.

I'm gonna try to upload larger files and jpeg instead of png as it seems that all other designers use jpegs on their website and all of them look sharp as hell. I'll need to sharpen it up a bit I guess. I just though png would be the best way to show vector stuff but it might not be the right way in this case.

Thanks a lot for help!

And again - awesome theme, so far I'm really happy about it!

One more - can I get image from Works grid lead to the blog post? I really love the grid as my front page but instead of seeing works post I'd rather have a normal blog post as I need to alternate text and images which I cannot do in work post. Or can I?
  • AirAir
    bruno7 said: One more - can I get image from Works grid lead to the blog post? I really love the grid as my front page but instead of seeing works post I'd rather have a normal blog post as I need to alternate text and images which I cannot do in work post. Or can I?
    You can do it with gallery - there is link field for every image. Hope that will suit you :-)
    bruno7 said: And again - awesome theme, so far I'm really happy about it!
    Lets hope you will be even more happy when we will add Revolution slider as option for front page :-) It should be done in 1-2 days, but today I had really though day in real life and on forum, so I didn't do much about update:-)

Going sleep, good night:-)
  • AirAir
    bruno7 said: One more - can I get image from Works grid lead to the blog post?
    I think I could add such option also for works that it will have option of custom link. This should suit you well :-)

Big update should be ready till Monday.

With regards.
    That would be very very cool - that works grid is very well executed with the post title overlay but mainly because of that filter option which gallery doest not have.
    If you implement it - bravo! :-)

Since I have you here - in your demo site the Menu on the left is sticky and does not move. I don't seem to find that option in setting - my Manu navigation always scroll with the content on the right. Could you advise me on this?

Thank you.
  • AirAir
    edited April 2013 Posts: 10,970
    Resize window of browser and you will see that in our demo it is also not sticky if there is no place for whole header. It is made for the reason that if someone has smaller window he couldn't reach all content in it if it was always sticky. We noticed that in similar themes this is not resolved very good and we didn't like fact that some content is not available on smaller window. Check for example MediaStar template http://goo.gl/b0ugv - menu is not available if you have not high enough window. What do you think about our solution?

Please disable maintenance mode so I could finish our other topic and make sure that your header is working as I described.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    You are absolutely right and your solution is actually brilliant, didn't think of it that way! :-)

Maintenance disabled, if you have a minute please take a look at that image borders.

http://www.davidbauer.cz/2013/04/25/ar-lifts-logo-cid-webdesign/

Just hover over.
  • AirAir
    Btw. on my 1280x1024 your header isn't sticky, but if you will remove two 'enter's in footer text(under phone) it should fit:-)

With regards.
    :-D

Very well. You guys are the best!

It's all perfect now.

Big thanks.
  • AirAir
    :-)
    If you are happy with this theme please don't forget to rate us on ThemeForest - it helps us a lot! Thanks!
    I've rated it 5* the day after I bought it. :-)

I would rate it 10* today if I could.

Your support is top notch, thanks again.

David
  • AirAir
    Haha, thanks a lot, I really appreciate it:-)