Before you ask please READ THIS

Front page gallery missing

edited April 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 10
I can't get the front page in Beach Please theme to show a gallery...just a blank space.
Switching the theme options to show "page" instead of “gallery” and publishing a single image on the front page - the front page shows the image ok.
The gallery is published because I can see it by viewing the following permalink http://kenbushephotography.com/gallery/engineered/

Also...and this may be related....I think I'm missing something really basic here as I can't find a way to direct a gallery to a page in Beach theme or to get a gallery to show in the website menus.
That said, I can see them by clicking "view gallery" in the edit gallery page or by typing the permalink url into the browser.

The Wordpress Add Media > Create Gallery > Insert Gallery (into a page) works as normal with a wordpress gallery showing up on the page.

I think I have all the front page settings done correctly... ie. In BP Apollo theme settings I have -
"What to show on front page" set to "Selected Gallery" and "engineered" as my selected gallery as above.
In WP Reader Settings I have -
"Front page displays" set to "static page" and "Front Page" set to Front Page
("Posts page" is set to Blog)

I just tried deleting the theme and re-installing it, but with no change.
Any help would be appreciated.
http://kenbushephotography.com/

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

I can see that you are using SEO plugin from Yoast. Please deactivate it and check then. I will take a look also on my DEV version. Please be quick cause in 12 hours we wish to ship big update, and there is still chance to add fix for it in this update.

With regards.
    Done this and it now works!
    Very many thanks indeed.
  • AirAir
    :-) No problem. I will try to make it work with this plugin, as this plugin changes some things, and problems like this may occur :-)

With regards.
  • AirAir
    This is fixed in new version 1.1. Please download it from Themeforest :-)

With regards.
    Hi there,

Love the theme, but I'm having what sounds like the same problem as Twotails... After updating WordPress yesterday, I am only getting a white blank area on the part of the home page where the gallery was.

http://koshadillzworld.com.previewdns.com/

Would installing the 1.2 theme update fix this issue? Any assistance would be really helpful...

thank you,

Nick
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

Updating theme is always good move. I can see you have some customization and plugins. Please test theme without these plugins to see if will work.

With regards.
    Combination of theme update and re-making the gallery took care of it. Thanks for the help...