Before you ask please READ THIS

Language switcher in the Menu?

edited April 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 46
Hello, it's me again. :-)

Just a quick question - is there any chance I could place a simple language switcher in the menu under the search bar? Please see attached mock-up. Translation done with qTranslate.

I'm using this code on other website, would this work somehow?

Thank you.

David

beach_lang_switch.jpg
247 x 423 - 41K
Screen shot 2013-04-30 at 23.27.19.png
687 x 119 - 24K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)
    bruno7 said: I'm using this code on other website, would this work somehow?
    Better then asking just try it:-)

Add it either in header.php or in footer texts or somewhere:-)
    Come to me if you will face problems.

With regards.
    Yeah, should've tried before I asked, sorry... ;-)

I've managed to put it there, I hope it will behave now as I am no code master...

The only thing is that I'd like it black instead of default hover color but since this is done in the admin settings I don't think I can change it. You see - I like having post titles orange that go black on hover but in the header I'd like it the other way around. But if I change Link hover color then all the post titles will change as well, right?

I'm getting lost here. :-)

Anyway, even if I'm unable to change the color, I'm quite happy that I got the switcher where I wanted it.

David

Screen shot 2013-05-01 at 14.45.45.png
    501 x 107 - 20K
    Screen shot 2013-05-01 at 14.40.28.png
    231 x 294 - 16K
  • AirAir
    Hello

Firstly change this(there is no such thing as float: center ;-) )
    <div style="float: center">
    to:
    <div class="language-switcher">
    Next add this in Custom CSS field http://apollo13.eu/docs/beach/#!/appearance_menu_custom_css :
    .language-switcher a{
    color: #000; /* code for black color */
    }
    .language-switcher a:hover{
    color: #FA542D; /* code for orange color */
    }
    With regards.
    I couldn't help it so I just bought you a Latte with Donut. :-)

You're so amazing when it comes to help that it's just unbelievable. I've had some serious problems (and still have) on other forums so I am really grateful for your attitude.

It does not mean I won't have some more questions in the future... ;-)

I'll say it again - I've spent weeks and weeks waiting for the right theme for my website and I am so glad now that I waited until Beach Please came along. And especially when it comes with support like this.

Feel free to put this little testimonial of mine anywhere you want, you guys deserve more coffees and more donuts!

Best regards,

David
  • AirAir
    bruno7 said: I couldn't help it so I just bought you a Latte with Donut. :-)
    Haha, thanks a lot! I will definitely eat it today:-)
    bruno7 said: It does not mean I won't have some more questions in the future... ;-)
    Haha - simple ;-)

Thanks a lot for your very kind post, it gives us energy to continue our work, and it is always pleasure to work with such kind people like you:-)

Have a nice day!