Before you ask please READ THIS

Update 1.1 problem

edited May 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 22
Hey guys, feeling silly for posting so often. I´m having trouble updating the new 1.1:

I´ve downloaded the new update from Themeforest and I´ve tried:

- Installing the whole .zip-file (with the Upgrade existing theme-option as "Yes" )
- Extracting the whole .zip-file and just installing beach_apollo_1.1.zip (with the Upgrade existing theme-option as "Yes" )

With the same error message:

- Unpacking the package…

- Installing the theme…

- Destination folder already exists. /hsphere/local/home/username/ornryd.com/wp-content/themes/beach_apollo/

- Theme install failed.

--------------------------

I´m using:

Wordpress 3.5.1
Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?
Post edited by pior on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

You can always delete theme manually on FTP and upload it again - you won't lose any settings. However if you like I can try to login into your WP and upgrade your theme, cause usually when I login to clients who have same issue, it magically works when I do it ;-)

With regards.
    Haha, thanks but I think I´ve solved the problem. I deleted the beach_apollo on my ftp and uploaded the 1.1, and it seems to work now.

I guess it had some problem deleting the old version and replacing.

Uploaded the new child_theme also. When I activate it, it actually says Version 1.0, but perhaps you have not made any changes to the child theme specifically, there by the version name?

Was it correct of me to update the child theme, or should I just leave it be in the future? (I saved all my custom stuff and pasted it to the new child theme)

• AirAir
    Child theme has its own version number but it is unlikely to change any time(and child theme will rather not change due to its simplicity). Version checking will always check for version of main theme, so no worries. If main theme is 1.1 - you are good.

With regards.
  • I had the same issue, followed your suggestion on installing the plugin to deal with the new update...

Had no issues at all, hope that helps someone?