Before you ask please READ THIS

Home Page Slider - your settings?

edited May 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 46
Hi guys,

I just want to ask about your slider settings experience.

I just can't seem to make my slider work. I've got 5 slides set up but they never show up. At least not all of them. Sometimes I see the first and the last one, then first two etc... And a blank space instead of the other slides.

So far I tried:

so many different dimensions...
slider type: fixed width, responsive, full width
page layout - left, center, full width
page template - default, page with slider

Some of these settings cause the slider to mess up the picture size as it stretches all over the page. If this doesn't happen then the shadow is missing instead. I like that shadow 3....

I'm getting a bit crazy here as I would REALLY love to have this slider on the home page. :-)

What would be ideal width if I want to have slider height about 400px?

Thanks for you help!

David

Comments

OK, no answers - I guess you might have a same trouble, right? :-)

I need to fit 5 images of the size 1200x400 into the slider. Need it to be responsive as well. And I need to see full image, not just a part of it.

Please please somebody come up with some ideas! ;-)

Thanks.
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

As I said in documentation and earlier answer, we only use Full width option, as it is best responsive in our experience. Other settings are rather default. We have never noticed any issues you write about.
    If you will use Full width option, then you should define sizes same as your images(that is what I would do anyway;-) )

With regards.
    Thank you for your help, but for some reason it still does not work on my site.

I've got images 1200x400 and need to keep the dimensions right as each image has a custom border.

Check attached files - I've got slider set up to full width, Grid Width 1200, Max Height 400. This should work all right but it doesn't...

In the worst case scenario I will need to redo all the images, set them up for different size and let the slider crop them. But I'd rather not do that.
    Screen shot 2013-05-08 at 11.28.19.png
    610 x 417 - 31K
    Screen shot 2013-05-08 at 11.28.28.png
    1333 x 497 - 262K
  • AirAir
    Hey:-)

Sorry I didn't continue this topic earlier, I totally forgot:-S

In this topic there is screen shot of our settings http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/1191/revolution-slider#Item_2

And here are some useful information form our other user http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/4709#Comment_4709

Have you solved this issue somehow?

With regards.
    Hi,

No worries. :-)

I've got it working (sort of) by trial and error.
    I've got image sizes 1500x480 and slider 1400x450 full width and it works most of the time. Sometimes when you return to the home page from another page the image in the slider is cropped length-wise. When you refresh home page it works perfectly.

The site goes live tomorrow evening, I'll let you know so you can test it.

And I'm also a bit curious what will you think about it. ;-)

One more tiny thing - I've got it all translated to Czech, I've edited some .po files etc but there is one last thing I cannot find how to translate - 'Log Out' at the comment field. Didn't find it anywhere. Any idea? Thanks.

David
  • AirAir
    bruno7 said: The site goes live tomorrow evening, I'll let you know so you can test it.
    Great:-)
    bruno7 said: One more tiny thing - I've got it all translated to Czech, I've edited some .po files etc but there is one last thing I cannot find how to translate - 'Log Out' at the comment field. Didn't find it anywhere. Any idea? Thanks.
    I think it is in wordpress translation, so you will have to translate wordpress.

With regards.