Before you ask please READ THIS

Portfolio category items not displaying correctly

edited December 2011 in Airlock Posts: 4
Hi, first of all Airlock Theme is great in many ways. It has a dreamy look of it. Thank you for that.

Although i have problem, when navigating through the portfolio item categories. When i click any of these categories, it doesn't show the whole items in that category even though the "potfolio items displayed" number hasn't exceed (which i set to 10). And some of the items belong that category shown in the second page, when there is only 4 items on the first page that belongs to that category. My guess is because of the item date, because when i set the number of "potfolio items displayed" to -1 there was no problem at all.

Now i uploaded the latest ver 1.5.1 and problem slightly changed. Now the second page doesn't exist. I mean when i click the next page it shows another items belongs to some another category. I think navigation happens seperately in every page. And it doesn't sound right, does it? Shouldn't it show all the items that belong that category?

I appreciate your help,thank you.
Post edited by PUNCART on

Comments

• AirAir
    Please check http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/294#Comment_294

Also please provide some link so I could see what you mean.

With regards.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 4
    Hi again,

Please check my link here: http://www.puncart.com/ This is a list of my items here: http://puncart.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/items.jpg (For you to see how many items in which categories.) Potfolio items displayed number set to 10. When you click to different portfolio categories for example click "Templates", it shows 3 items when actually there are 6 templates.

Reading that link you sent me i understand that to see the other 3 templates i should first click "next page" , than click "templates" again.

But it defeats the purpose of seaching and navigating. I should'nt be clicking again and again in every page. For a new eye in the website it is hard to get the consept of pages and what is really happenning. Friends i asked told me that " there is only 3 templates" they could find.

So i understand that the theme works but in my opinion it's not convenient the way it works. I re-visited this theme's demo page for a week before i bought to be sure it delivers what i want and honestly i didn't get the way it works until i uploaded my own items. I just wish when i click Templates, it shows all of them until 10, and when i click next shows the other templates if there are any more of them.

Is it possible to make it in coming updates?
    Thank you,
    puncart

• edited December 2011 Posts: 4
    Is it possible to make it in coming updates?
    Thank you,
    puncart
  • AirAir
    I think you are right Puncart. It may not be intuitive. For now it works just like a filter. If you select to display all item and 10 per page, then switching to 'category' will filter all displayed items to only those that are from selected category. I will talk with Daniel(theme owner) and we will decide.

Thanks for patience in explanations.

With regards.
  • I am eagerly anticipating the result of that, thank you very much.
    I will set it ( -1 ) and make the best of it then, until the number of items badly increase the front page loading time.

Hope to hear from you soon,
    With regards.