Before you ask please READ THIS

Use real Thumbnails in bricks album

edited May 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 19
Hi!

Thank you for a great theme!

I was wondering if its possible to use real thumbnails as thumbs in the bricks album. I want to have my bricks album thumbnails in 150*150px. BUT, I don´t want to crop my pictures in the way your theme is doing, which is pushing the together or drag them out. In WP you can make thumbs to every pic you upload and I would like to use those thumbnails as the thumbnails in Bricks.

here is a link of how it looks now.
www.fotograftobias.se

Best regards!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello
    Triztic said: I was wondering if its possible to use real thumbnails as thumbs in the bricks album.
    These are real thumbnails whatever this means for you:-) It is using same mechanism as native WP thumbnails.
    Please check settings in theme and adjust them to your needs.

Or the cropping is problem?

With regards.
    Okey, take a look at my to links. Hypershot do not crop the image. My thumbnail is a real crop, when your theme is just pushing the hole image into a smaller format.

http://www.fotograftobias.se/1.jpg
    http://www.fotograftobias.se/2.png

Best regards
  • AirAir
    I think I know what is your problem :-) http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/#!/albums_menu_thumbanails_size
    You have to rebuild thumbnails :-)

With regards.
    I have tried that several times :)

Its like I can't change the height only width. I can set width on for example 269 and set height on 0. But cant do the opposite.

With Regards
  • AirAir
    You men width to 0 and height to 269? :-) And what is should make?
    If you set height and width to some value it will be resized to this dimensions.
    I am kind of lost now how can I help you:-)

With regards.
    check this PDF.

www.fotograftobias.se/doc.pdf

And again I have used the thumbnail rebuild plugin several times.

With regards
  • AirAir
    OK I read your PDF and such behaviour is not possible in our theme. You can only make columns not rows, so something like width 0 will not work. Only thing you can do to achieve best results, same as Daniel made for our demo, is provide photos in good proportions, so for example landscape photos would have half of height of portraits one.

You can also set sizes in settings to for example 200x200 and it would also look nice(rebuild first).

I hope now everything is clear:-)

With regards.
    Thats really weird, when you can make all the bricks in same width but not the same height. For a portfoliotheme this should be the first setting you want to look at. You should really mention this in your guide setting so you know this before you buy it.

Know I have to tos this theme and start to look for another one with better settings options. What a waste of money!
  • AirAir
    Hold your horses :-)

You can set up same height, that is not a problem. You can't set fluid width - it have to be defined.
    I don't know if I don't understand what is problem or you don't understand some behaviour of settings in theme. Everything about it is described on documentation and available effects are visible on our demo.
    Till now no one throw such strong statement as you. I saw even people making 200 bricks with images 100x150(looked cute).
    Triztic said: Know I have to tos this theme and start to look for another one with better settings options. What a waste of money!
    I am very sorry to read this, even more after we have successfully completed 3 your previous topic.

With regards.