Before you ask please READ THIS

Revolution Slider stalls after one image

edited May 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 10
The revolution slider works perfectly in the front page but only shows one slide in other pages then stops.
Front page - http://kenbushephotography.com/
other page (example) - http://kenbushephotography.com/about/

I've tried making new sliders and used other pages but the same thing happens. I've tried various page settings and templates too. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Plugins activated - Askimet
WordPress version 3.5.1.
Latest version of Beach Please
No modifications to code

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

How are you inserting slider into page? With shortcode?
    Have you set slider to full width option?

With regards.
    Thanks,
    Yes, I copied the sortcode (rev_slider test3) directly from the slider table page into the post editor "text" view.
    I've just tried the full width option - same result on the About page with only the first image showing but the slider got smaller (!?). Front page still works and is now full width.
  • AirAir
    Try using template "Page with slider" as shown here http://apollo13.eu/docs/beach/#!/adding_frontpage_slider
    and check will it make difference.

With regards.
    Hello again,
    Tried that and the page template doesn't make any difference but I've just realised the problem seems to be caused when the slide transitions are set to "fade".
    "Fade" as a rev slider setting works perfectly on the Front Page but not on any other pages -this is when it goes grey after showing the first slide. I've tried "random, box fade and slide left" transitions and they all seem to work as they should on the other pages.
  • AirAir
    Twotails said: I've tried "random, box fade and slide left" transitions and they all seem to work as they should on the other pages.
    So is it solved or not?:-)
    Twotails said: Tried that and the page template doesn't make any difference but I've just realised the problem seems to be caused when the slide transitions are set to "fade".
    I will definitely check this out.

With regards.
    Many thanks Air,
    Not fixed entirely. Using "fade" as a transition setting still freezes the Revolution slider in all other pages regardless of what page template setting is used but the whole thing works perfectly in the theme Frontpage using "fade".
    (Personally, I could use the other settings eg. "slide left" if I have to, but I much prefer the look of "fade" and I'd like to use it if possible)
    Best wishes
  • AirAir
    OK I see issue - our styles for list overwrite revolution slider settings. Try using such custom CSS fix:
    .rev_slider ul li {
    position: absolute !important;
    }
    Lets hope it won't affect other settings for revolution slider.

With regards.
    Yes, that seems to work. Haven't noticed any strange side effects yet...!?!
    Brillliant. Thanks