Before you ask please READ THIS

Bad visualization of the blog on an iPad

AbiAbi
edited May 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 5
Hello :)

I have installed your Skyfashion theme and is working fine, but I have some problems. The Wordpress version is the last one. My blog is: www.modaesmoda.es

1.- The visualization on an iPad is not good. If you see a post, you'll notice that the right side widgets are not displaying well. You have to find them below the post. For example: http://modaesmoda.es/accesorios-dudosos/ (please, display it on an iPad).
If you look carefully, you will see that the 2 thin lines in the top and the bottom of the post are longer than the body of the post (photos and text included).
Is it possible to solve this? Maybe making those lines shorter... I would like to see the widgets beside my posts.

2.- (This is not an iPad problem) Is there any solution for thumbnail images of "últimos posts" (last posts) or "posts más leídos" (most read posts) to be displayed proportionally? I've tried some methods but nothing seems to work fine...

3.- Finally, This is an aesthetic choice. Is it possible to remove the boxes that appear around the "comentarios recientes" (recent comments)? I've been looking for it on the Editor, but I didn't find any code for this... They don't look great on an iPad too... :(

OK, that's all for now. I hope you can help me :)

Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

Hi Abi,

Which version of iPad have you got?

With regards
  • AbiAbi
    Hello.

iPad 2, iOS 6.
    Hi Abi,

1. We will test it on iPad in this week.
    2. What do you mean proportionally? Photo should be the same width as link?
    3. This change is not fully supported by our theme because after new updates it can create some errors. Into file layout.css add at bottom of file this code:
    .border_link_color, ul#responsive_nav > li.current-menu-item {
    border: none !important}
    We have checked it on iPad.

It's not a problem, this is normal functionality, because menu is stretching while you are resizing the browser and post content has constant width.

With regards
  • AbiAbi
    Hello, sorry for the delay in my response.

1. Well, I still think (and hope) you can fix this, because the post content has, as you said, a constant witdth, but I think the witdgets would be displaying well by the posts since there is enough space to display them. The problem, as I mentioned in my first post, are the 2 thin lines up and down de posts. It seems that the post space is wider than it appears, but the text and the photos leave enough space for widgets. The lines make artificially wider post... I think ;)

2. When I said proportionally, I mean that when the thumbnail display, for example, a person, you see it oblate, flattened. The thumbnail adapt the image to its dimensions, but I wonder if there is any method for not to do this.

3. Ok, I'll try your suggestion :)

Thank you!
    Hi Abi,

About 1st problem:
    This is an additional CSS code

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 959px) {
      div#blog_posts {
        width: 100%;
      }
     }

Let me know if it works

About 2nd problem:
    Have you got some plugins installed on your wordpress?

With regards

• AbiAbi
    Hello again :)

Please, where is the layout.css file? I've found one in: themes/skyfashion/css/skeleton
    Is that file?

And I think the additional code for the 1st problem should be insert in the same file... is that right?

Ok, and this is my plugins list:
    Addthis social, Akismet, Feedburner Form, Image Widget, Social Media widget, Social polls and WP-Polls. That's all.
    Hello Abi
    Abi said: Please, where is the layout.css file? I've found one in: themes/skyfashion/css/skeleton
    Is that file?
    Yes, it's this file.
    Abi said: And I think the additional code for the 1st problem should be insert in the same file... is that right?
    Yes, it should be inserted in this file

Try to turn of plugins and test if this problem occur.

Let me know if it works

With Regards
  • AbiAbi
    edited May 2013 Posts: 5
    Hello :)

Unafortunately, none of those codes you gave me seems to work... :( I've tried in several ways inserting the codes, but nothing occurs.

Don't worry, it's not a great problem, really. But I'll ask to a friend of mine if he knows some way to fix it... I'll let you know if I can do it.

About the plugins, I'll try the test this weekend.

Thak you!
    Post edited by Abi on