Before you ask please READ THIS

Automatic Featured Image

edited May 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 14
I have an upload form that my members use to submit images to _image_post_1, _image_post_2 ... etc.

Is there a way to automatically set the Featured Image as the first uploaded image, or something similar?

cheers
Andrew

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi,

I don't know is there any way to do it. You will have to do it manually.

With regards.
    OK. I thought an automated process might be too hard.

If I try and add an image manually it means I need to upload the image TWICE... once for _image_post_1, and once for Featured Image.

My workflow at the moment is to drag images to the "Multi Upload Area" in a works post. This works great. Naturally I would like to use of these image as my Featured Image but you can't access any of these previously uploaded images, WP doesn't recognize the images in the Media Library, or as "Uploaded to the Post".

This means I have to upload the image again which seems crazy!?

cheers
    Andrew
  • AirAir
    digirum said: If I try and add an image manually it means I need to upload the image TWICE... once for _image_post_1, and once for Featured Image.
    Can't you just use URL of already uploaded featured image?
    digirum said: My workflow at the moment is to drag images to the "Multi Upload Area" in a works post. This works great. Naturally I would like to use of these image as my Featured Image but you can't access any of these previously uploaded images, WP doesn't recognize the images in the Media Library, or as "Uploaded to the Post".
    That is rather strange, cause images are uploaded as attachments. If you are sure it is not working in your case then please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option to send message) . In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

With regards.