Before you ask please READ THIS

Post formats

edited May 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 4
Ok so I had the theme installed and everything works like a charm.
It's just that in the post editing stage, I get the selection of the following formats.

Standard
Aside
Chat
Gallery
Link
Status
Video
Audio

Now I don't know what they all do or how they show up, so I made test posts.
I know quote gives a different view of post yes, but what on earth do all the others do?
I can for instance show a youtube video, insert the link into the page, it shows up perfectly fine.
But it doesn't make a difference between "video" selected or "normal".
Same thing with that chat/gallery/image/...
Is there anywhere that shows or tells what these things actually do/change about the regular format?

I would love to know about more picture options besides just setting a feature image or adding them into the text themselves. I thought that selecting "gallery" would make me get a slider option like it does in the 'non blog' section of the live demo or something.

Any help?
Thanks
Post edited by Ormas on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

Post formats are only important for "native" blogers, and this is why our theme supports it. On our demo you can see that it alters a bit display of post on blog post list, so if you often post links, quotes or other fancy things that can be useful. For normal people you shouldn't bother with it as in most cases it doesn't change anything(but if you select video type for example, Wordpress will do some searching and strange things;-) ).

More info http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Formats

With regards.
    Perfect, thanks!