Before you ask please READ THIS

Website hacked! Using Spaceship

edited May 2013 in Spaceship Posts: 19
I don`t found the way of the hacker to get access to my wordpressinstallation.
There was changes in .htaccess & the header.php of the spaceship-Theme

This hacking was two times (yesterday und today), the second time after changing the password of the two users in my theme!

Any ideas?

Comments

• AirAir
    event said: I don`t found the way of the hacker to get access to my wordpressinstallation.
    Are you saying you are security expert?

Theme has nothing to do with your hacked site, so don't put such statements please.

With regards and good luck with making your server secure..
    i didn`t say this.

I found a website (http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-find-a-backdoor-in-a-hacked-wordpress-site-and-fix-it/) with a lot of things for checking, I worked throug.

It will not be the first time, websites are attacked through the wordpress-theme, it be used. That`s the reason for my question - if there is no other with a hacking, who is using spaceship, chance rises up, the theme is not the hackers entry...

Perhaps anybody has hackings seen there before and have more helpful statements

best regards

• AirAir
    O man:-)

Theme backdoors are/were produced in free themes. There is lot articles about that.

We don't have interest to produce such things.
    There is too much I could say why most themes bought on themeForest won't be more insecure then Wordpress alone is, but it is not place for this.

Of course there is possibility, mainly with themes that uses AJAX a lot.

With regards.