Before you ask please READ THIS

Problems with Skyfashion background image and main menu

edited May 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 35
Hi, I'm having some trouble with this theme:

1) I cannot display a background image -- when I upload an image, nothing changes and the sides of the page remain white. I can change the colors of the sides of the pages, but the site will not display a background image for those sides.

2) The main menu (below the logo) is showing all the menu options vertically, rather than horizontally. The options are all stacked on top of each other at the center of the menu.

The website is on a local server so I can't send a url at the moment.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Comments

Also, can I add a sidebar to every page, or just some? I'd like to have a sidebar that's the same on every page, if that's possible.

Thanks!
    Hi aelliot,

I can't help you at all when i don't see your website. Could you send me a screenshots? Or links to this functions in our demo page?

With regards
    This shows the problem with the menu at the top.
    Menu-trouble-1.jpg
    1099 x 535 - 85K
    Hi aelliot,

Have you created and set a menu which you want to show in this placeholder or this menu was generated by wordpress?

It was generated by wordpress.
    Okay, the menu is working now. So I have just the other two questions:

1) I cannot display a background image -- when I upload an image, nothing changes and the sides of the page remain white. I can change the colors of the sides of the pages, but the site will not display a background image for those sides.

2) How can I add a sidebar to every page?

Thank you!
    Still waiting for help on these two issues. I really need the background to work. What can I do?
    Hi aelliot,

1) after you uploaded image you have to select file in your media library (into the same popup window).
    2) you can add sidebar only on elements selected in widgets placeholders. I mean blog, blog post, portfolio and contact

Let me know if it works

With regards
    The image in the background is still not appearing. How can I fix it?
    This is very frustrating. I still cannot get the background image to appear. Is there any way for me to fix this? I really need the background to work.
    Hi, in case it helps to see the website: www.annaspackman.com, pw is Ju8OCUCwLmK6.

Thanks so much for continuing to help!
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 35
    It's been over a month since I first asked for help and the background is still not working. How can this problem be fixed?
    Post edited by aelliot on
    Hi aelliot,

Please tell me which option of image you choosed for background (which resolution)?

with regards
    File type: JPG
    Dimensions: 3696 × 2448

Thanks!
    Hi aelliot,

Please update your skyfashion theme. I checked your version - it's 1.0.

With regards
    I updated the theme and the background is now working. Thank you!