Before you ask please READ THIS

Cannot install font kit. Need help changing just the menu font

edited June 2013 in Beach Please Posts: 10
I can't seem to install this font kit correctly. I put this code in the style.css in the contents folder. I made sure the file names and paths were correct. Am I editing the right stylesheet?

@font-face {
	font-family: 'AdamFont';
	src: url('adam-webfont.eot'); /* IE9 Compat Modes */
	src: url('adam-webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), /* IE6-IE8 */
	     url('adam-webfont.woff') format('woff'), /* Modern Browsers */
	     url('adam-webfont.ttf')  format('truetype'), /* Safari, Android, iOS */
	     url('adam-webfont.svg#svgFontName') format('svg'); /* Legacy iOS */
	}
and tried to use it on:

.top-menu li{
font-family: AdamFont;
}
Post edited by Air on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

Please check documentation about theme modification http://apollo13.eu/docs/beach/#!/modification_of_theme
    mainly about custom CSS http://apollo13.eu/docs/beach/#!/modification_of_theme_custom_css

With regards.
    I have been placing this code under the 'custom css' area as was explained. For whatever reason, it still doesn't work. If I wanted to edit the style of the menu's links only, what would I edit? I thought .top-menu li would be it, but maybe its not. Am I missing from the code in my original comment?
    Actually, I found out why it wasn't working. When I was putting CSS in the custom css section, I think it was changing "style.css". However, I chose the option to use compressed js and css files. The theme did not check whether or not I enabled compressed css files before it added the custom code. It kept adding the code to the regular style.css file, and not the compressed one. That's why it wasn't working for me that way. I went in and changed the compresed style.css in my child theme.
  • AirAir
    No no no:-) , it is not working that way :-)

style.css is used when uncompressed version is in use.
    compressed.css is used when compressed version is in use.
    custom CSS field is inserted in bottom of user.css, and this may be the reason why font declaration is not working as it should be on top of CSS file.

Depending which version(uncompressed/compressed) you are using, insert your CSS at top of this file. In case of style.css insert it after top comment describing
    theme.

With regards.
    Oh I see. It works for me now when I put it in the compressed css. Thanks.