Before you ask please READ THIS

SkyFashion - update problem since 1.6

edited June 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 33
Hello,

I started a new topic cause after looking in forum and trying myself i still find problems with the new update version after 1.6

Since i updated to new version i had only a white blank screen and no acces to my wordpress anymore.

Then i reinstalled back to previous version and had suddenly this problems.

1. option to switch off 'about' page in home page
2. a portfolio item can't be stored away in different portfolios (example: collection/matzform/archive)
3. The slider hasnt the option of go to a specific page 'link option' (like go to matzform/vitage portfolio).
4. Twitter feed in widget
5. related works (widget in a opened portfolio item doesnt show the thumb pictures)
6. The whole mobile version is fucked up (no navigation menu, align 1/2 of the page (iPhone).)

The most important = the portfolio difference (different item in different portfolios).

Whats more important is how do i instal to the new version? or what do i do wrong?

I installed the new version by override in ftp in themes>skyfashion. I did everything what i read in support and could find on forum.

Please can u help me.

*INFO*
http://newwo.be/wordpress/
(= version 1.6 with problems/ need to have the latest version without ;) )

Thanks,

J.

Comments

Hi,

Wordpress is replaced to new domain: http://modestfurniture.com/wp-login.php
    Hi kong84,

I have done update 5 minutes ago on my own wordpress instantion. And... it works :)
    I have override it by FTP. You can try to create new WP and install there Skyfashion Theme in version 2.0. Then (if it works) export data from your WP and import in new WP.

Second option of resolving this problem is enable debug mode after updating Skyfashion Theme. Here you got an information how to do that:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Firstly try to do the first option.

With regards
    HI, greati and thanks for the respond.

The problem i cant figure out is.

everything was fine (version 1.6) until i overwrote the theme files by new version 1.8 (?). The screen went blank. Then when i overwrote it with version 1.6 again. The same!

It only (kinda) works now again because i overwrote it with version 1.6 wordpress-install files. That doesnt make sense right?

I can do a clean install, upload the new skyfasion version 1.8, upload all content again, but will i loose all my preferences? I build so hard on it last time i dont want to loose all the work.

What does it mean when u overwrite it and the screen goes white? What can it be?

Regards,

J
    Newest version of Skyfashion theme is 2.0. Please download freshest files from TF and update it on your wordpress.
    Hi,

I did all ur suggestions.
    I completly removed my wordpress install (after back up) + also php database.
    Installed new wordpress + databse. Uploaded the complete new version 2.0 skyashion in themes by ftp.

And when i click 'activate' this is the error i get: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function phprequire_once() in /customers/d/e/e/modestfurniture.com/httpd.www/wp-content/themes/skyfashion/functions.php on line 1"
    Now i understand your problem :) Thanx for quick respond :)
    In your FTP client you have to choose binary mode of transfer. Then you have to upload files.

With regards
    Alright, ill try that and let u know ;).

I really hope its that!
    Hi! Thanks for the tip. It worked very well.

Now for some reason the portfolio type doenst show well? i can't option which portfolio to post in and twitter feed is still not loading.

Can take a look?

Thanks,

J.

Schermafbeelding 2013-06-20 om 21.33.51.png
    795 x 211 - 26K
    Schermafbeelding 2013-06-20 om 21.37.59.png
    517 x 276 - 12K
  • AirAir
    Hello

About twitter widget:

Cause of change in API and policy of twitter we had to remove Twitter widget from our theme as it was no longer usable. Instead we recommend to use http://bluedogwebservices.com/wordpress-plugin/twitter-widget-pro/

To use you will have to provide twitter account info as explained in plugin instructions.

With regards.
    Hi,
    Thanks, im already using it ;)

Figured out all the rest too. But sadly i had to go back to version 1.6 because to much issues. I will develope it further on another wordpress server untill its right.

But many thanks for all ur help. and the great work of the theme. Its looking very good!

J.
    sorry one thing ;)

How come the mobile styling for the portfolio is different (1/2 of screen) then the pages. Can i change that?

J.
    Hi kong84,

Always when you trying to ask us about something, please send a screenshot and (if it's possible) link to page with problem. It's best information for us :) So ... Please send us a link :)

With regards
    Hi,
    Dont worry, i resolved it myself by copy code from style.css v1.8 into style.css v1.6
    All looks fine and perfect now.
    (Still using version 1.6 - works better for our benefit).

Trying now to fix problem with twitter widget
    (converting it into api v1.1)

Result: www.modestfurniture.com

Thanks again,
    J.
    Hi,
    Thanks for the tip.

problem: theres no styling (css) for it. So it means in home page and in other pages shows up bit weird. Can i do something bout that?
    (text color, size, spacing ,etc)
    Schermafbeelding 2013-06-22 om 18.03.35.png
    968 x 528 - 82K
    Schermafbeelding 2013-06-22 om 18.04.45.png
    962 x 505 - 75K
    Try to add this css to your file style.css:
    #twitter-2 ul { list-style: none; }
    #twitter-2 ul li { margin-bottom: 15px; padding-left: none;}
    Let me know if it works.

With regards
    Hi,
    Thanks, but didnt work (see style.css file)

What i can figure out is that in file shortcodes.css in map 'css' my styling had effect on the styling (line:#135) but again only on the home page. Don't know why there yes but not the rest.

J.
    Hi kong84,

Please try to add this lines into file common/css/skeleton/layout.css:
    #twitter-2 ul { list-style: none !important; }
    #twitter-2 ul li { margin-bottom: 15px  !important; padding-left: none  !important;}