Before you ask please READ THIS

Issues Installing SkyFashion 1.8 Template

edited June 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 14
We have the most updated wordpress theme and have uploaded through wordpress along with on filezilla. I followed the directions several times and keep getting the same results of missing media and information. Is there something that I'm doing wrong??? Here is a link to the website so you can see http://www.trumility.com. Please advise on what the next steps should be. From the directions it doesn't seem to be that complicated but yet I'm having no luck getting it installed properly.

Comments

Hi,

Media and information - you mean sample data?

With regards
    Yes the sample data. Does it not come with it?
    After you install skyfashion theme, you have to import data with wordpress. Sample data is in file demo-data.xml in package which you downloaded from Theme Forest.

• edited June 2013 Posts: 14
    Okay imported the data and still not installed properly? Started from scratch and reset everything and re-installed the theme and then the data a couple of times and still got the same result.
    Post edited by tgrimshaw on
    Hi tgrimshaw,

If you try to import data is it importing partially? Have you imported any data from this file?

With regards
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 14
    Nope the data imports everything completely with no fails. I imported in the demo-data.xml and still things look jumbled around.
    Also noticed in the transition of the flex slider from one slide to another the Menu options along with the About Us text boldness shifts only during the transition? I ran into both of these problems and tried reinstalling it all fresh and it didn't seem to fix the problem. Any help would be great. Thanks.
  • When I imported the data, I expected that sight to look like the demo site. Instead it just look like a jumbled mess. Is there something else I need to do?
    Hey Thanhn,

I had the same issue but just ended up going through and working around some of it, but still having a problem with the flex slider adjusting fonts in the transition from one slide to another.

Whats the link to your website?
    And to Argone.... I am using WordPress 3.5.2, Have installed Skyfashion 2.0

Active Plugins: WordPress Database Reset, WordPress Importer

And have not made any code modifications.
    Hi,

There are a few problem with demo data.
    First problem with images. Have you imporeted all images?
    Second problem with revolution slider. Have you got any revolution slider created?

With regards
    All the images seem to be there. But still all looks jumbled. So the demo data doesn't install correctly??

Revolution slider is not the one with the problem, its the flex slider. When I have it on the animation slide (during the transition) the font boldness will decrease only during the duration of the transition. The weight of the font during the transition is the way the font should look but, once the transition is over it goes back to a bolder look.
    Please try to get single work i Works section and add image manually and tell me if this portfolio item works.
    I am able to get one to work if I add a custom thumbnail, but isn't it supposed to automatically an image from the work page, if a custom thumbnail is not chosen??

Any idea why the flex slider would cause the font to shift in weight?

And also want to create multiple portfolio pages and looked on forums and found people talking about it but not clear instructions on how to do it. Looked at the documentation of the theme and didn't find anything in there as well.

Thanks Argone, I know your probably swamped and sorry to hear about the family difficulties.
    Hi tgrimshaw,

What do you mean about multiple portfolio pages? Would you like to create pages with different look? Or just pages with other categories of your works?

With regards
    Thanks for quick response Argone,

By multiple portfolio pages, I would like it to looks similar to how another skyfashion user set it up. Here is a link to his site http://www.maikawakami.com. He has his fine art, illustrations, and story all in portfolio template and show up on their individual pages.

Any idea on how to fix the flex slider? You can see the problem also here on the main menu of someone else who uses the theme http://blackboxmedia.dk

Also experiencing another issue where I have 3 work pages and they show up on the home page but when I go to the portfolio page only two of them show up. But as soon as I make a new works page (meaning there is now 4 on the home page) the 3rd work page that wasn't showing up, then shows up.

let me know if you want me to send you a log in.
    Hi tgrimshaw,

page http://www.maikawakami.com. is showing "coming soon"

In http://blackboxmedia.dk in flex slider somebody used images with text in image.

About works :

http://www.support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/5714#Comment_5714

With regards
    Hi Argone,

If you go to our website www.trumilityproductions.com, you will see what I am talking about. When clicking on the flex slider to advance to the next slide, during the transition you see the text shift in color/size in the menu.

The example that I sent you didn't have a coming soon page originally. But is it possible to have more than one portfolio page with different categories in each one.

The other issue is if you look at our home page (under latest works), you'll see that there is three projects posted, but when you click on portfolio in the menu, only two projects appear. Whenever I make a new page for the portfolio with a new piece of work, it does not show up until I create another page, and then that page/project does not show up until I create another and so forth.
    Hi tgrimshaw,

If you want to have a portfolio categories on multipages you can use static sorting of your works.

Problem with works will be resolved on next version of skyfashion theme.

With regards
    Hi Argone,

Do you have any instructions on how to do this? I found the option to change the sorting to static but as far as making another page that contains categories that are different from the portfolio page not sure how to do. I've looked through the instructions and no details are explained.

When is the tentative plan for the new version to be released.

Will this new version have the problem with the flex slider fixed???
    Hi,

New version should be updated this week.
    I think that it will remove your problem.

With regards.

The theme look really messy: instaled freshly few times. Nothing similar to the demo page:

http://saltunai.lt/

Where is the problem?
    hi,

In Skyfashion 2.1 we created new version of demo data. It' includes only posts, pages and works parts because of problems with inserted plugins.

With regards
    Hi Argone,

I have installed the newest update so I have theme 2.1 and also have the newest version of wordpress as well, and still struggling to make another portfolio page that doesn't have the same categories as the other. I can make two different portofolio pages but they both contain the same categories and content. I went back through the instructions to see if I missed something and have looked again through the forums and their is no clear instructions on how to do this.

Also the flex slider on the slide animation still continues to change the thickness of the font during the animation.

Please let me know about these issues, thanks.
    Hi,

Pleasesend me a link to your webpage.

WIth regards
    Hi Argone,

Our website is www.trumility.com

Also I want the ability to make individual Portfolio pages with different categories for the Weddings page and the Creatives Page?? Not where the category weddings is on the creative page and vice versa for the wedding page.

Also You can see there is an issue with font in the Main Menu changing in thickness when the slider is in transition from one picture to another.

Please advise. Thanks.