Before you ask please READ THIS

CSS problems with theme

edited January 2012 in Airlock Posts: 15
Hi. I purchased the theme after a month’s search afterall. Its quite good and impressive. This ws what I was looking for. Thanks guys for making this.

I am quite in preplaxed position what to do?

1.You know its an issue with your theme. When I see it very first time everytime by entering url it loads a css or what which makes header texts load smaller. its not what should be. its weird and if then i click and change from skin changer it loads correct one. whats wrong?

any updates? (screenshot : http://ge.tt/92i0VHC?c )

2. You dont have any download progress with this theme. Because when it loads content it shows everything weird. why? can i have my own r u r planning an update?

P.S. : yes IE shows it right bt not Chrome latest. plz rectify i dint check with others…

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi there.

1. Yes this due to Cufon limits, and Safari errors we had to go around, and when both this cases got together it make such errors. There two solutions to that(none is perfect):
    a) switch off 'theme color switcher' - http://apollo13.eu/docs/airlock/#!/airlock_main_settings_strongtheme_styles_strong
    b) switch off Cufon fonts http://apollo13.eu/docs/airlock/#!/airlock_fonts

After content loads to browser cache loading page looks much better.

2. Do you mean progress bar that hides all mess before whole page is loaded? We don't plan doing such a thing, for sure not in that theme. Many theme developers add it to hide normal process of loading page but for now we think it is unnecessary.

With regards.
  • no. point 2 should be there because it looks weird when it loads.
    Woudn't it be an added thing?
  • fonts are not working. Why doesnt it support Chrome then?
  • u mean to say its not compatible with Chrome and Safari.
  • AirAir
    Hi

I don't know if you continue some point or write about other things, so please be more precise, thanks:-)

no. point 2 should be there because it looks weird when it loads.
    Woudn't it be an added thing?

Like most pages, when they load firstly. I understand your point, but we don't intend to add preloader(as for now). but thanks for opinion in that topic.

fonts are not working. Why doesnt it support Chrome then?
    Have you switched off cufon, or you mean something else. Just tested on chrome and it loaded perfectly. As I wrote above there where(and STILL is) nasty bug with switching styleshets, co to support Safari we had to do some nasty things, that in some cases could affect Cufon on:
    Theme first load
    Switch theme color

u mean to say its not compatible with Chrome and Safari.
    Just tested on chrome and it loaded perfectly. Is there any more symptoms then font errors to say that is incompatible?

With regards.