Before you ask please READ THIS

Skyfashion v2 Fails on Theme Install, Throws Errors

edited July 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 2
I just downloaded 2.0 of this theme and it fails on install. In WP Admin it throws the error of...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function phprequire_once() in *****************************/wp-content/themes/skyfashion/functions.php on line 1

...this error basically breaks everything and doesn't doesn't allow you to go back to the WP Admin to change the theme. So, you're stuck with a broken theme and broken admin, unless you go into the problem file, "functions.php" and delete all of the code in it, which then gives you a front-end error of...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in *****************************/wp-content/themes/skyfashion/page.php on line 1

...but at least now it allows you to get to the WP Admin and change it back to another theme, and get access back.

I've spent a lot of time trying to fix these issues with no luck. Very frustrating. Tried closing the "functions.php" file, but it just throws a different error and both the front-end and admin go down again. That file's code in v2.0 looks like this...

<?php
require_once (TEMPLATEPATH . '/advance/apollo13.php');
$apollo13 = new Apollo13();
if(!function_exists('lets_play_apollo_game')) {
function lets_play_apollo_game(){
global $apollo13;
$apollo13->start();
}
}
lets_play_apollo_game();

...is this new versions just broken, and if so how do I fix it, can you provide new files? Or, is there still access to download the previous version if that one actually works?

I have tried installing the theme via FTP as well s through WP Admin with the .zip folder. Both have the same issue.

Thank you!
Post edited by midmod on

Comments

I figured out some fixes. Most the PHP files had errors, as they had line breaks between the first and second lines. I went through all the files fixing those plus, a few other issues. Maybe it had to do with the zipped folder and the download files, but hopefully those can be fixed for other as it took me several hours to fix them all and get it working.
    Hi midmod,

How have you installed our skin? With wordpress or by FTP? If by FTP please choose a binnary transfer mode and copy files to right folder.

With regards