Before you ask please READ THIS

Updated Skyfashion theme, now sidebars not appearing

edited July 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 35
I updated my Skyfashion theme to the latest version, but now when I go to Appearances >> Widgets, none of the sidebars appear. How can I fix this?

Comments

Hi aelliot,

Have you imporeted andy data to your wordpress?
    Please send me a screenshot of this panel ( I mean Appearances >> Widgets).

With regards
    Screenshot attached, let me know if you need a different shot.
    Sidebars.jpg
    1117 x 507 - 99K
    Ok, now i understand,

You have got some widget conflict. Try to uninstall and deactivate them and check the Appearances >> Widgets page.

With regards
    Are there any particular ones that could cause this problem? Or do I need to uninstall and deactivate all of them?
    Aelliot,

Firstly I recommend to disable plugins that were displayed on the list of widgets at last positions.

With regards
    I've tried uninstalling all the plugins that are not essential to the site, and I checked that the ones I need are compatible with my version of Wordpress (3.5.2). Unfortunately, the sidebars still aren't appearing.
    Hi aelliot,

Please turn on the debug mode in wordpress ( you can find instruction how to do it here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress ) and open widget panel. You should have some information ( errors ). Please copy it and paste here.

With regards.
    I enabled debug mode by changing wp-config.php to include

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

but no errors are showing up in the widget panel.
    Hi aelliot,

Please create a temporary login data and send it to through private msg on forum. I will try to resolve you problem from your wordpress.

With regards.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 35
    The sidebars actually just started working again. I'm having other problems however. I'll send you a message with full details.

Thank you for all your help!
    Post edited by aelliot on