Before you ask please READ THIS

Menu

edited July 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 9
How do I add content to menu items?

Comments

• Ie, "contact" - how do i add my contact details and a "fill-in" details section that will send emails direct to me? Or "about" - how do I put content about me/my blog?
    Hi,

Firstly please define menu in "Appearance" -> "menu" and place it in r ight placeholder.

Secondly crreate page and choose template "Contact".

It should resolve your problems.

With regards
  • Thank you! I was going about it in the wrong way (I am not tech savvy) but now I'm good to go.
    Thanks again :)
  • Another question, can I move the social media buttons from the bottom of the page to a more visible position, and is there the ability to add more than what has been offered? Ie I want to put a link to my instagram account but there is no instagram offered in the Social site option.

Thanks!
    I didn't want to start a new thread, so: If I want to add a non-clickable Menu button ( same as 'VERSIONS' in the demo: http://themes.apollo13.eu/bp2/ ), how can I achieve this? I know it works with the 'ADD # AS LINK' in the menus panel, but that is not how it was done in the demo I linked above. Thank you.
  • AirAir
    buddha Just add Custom link in menu, and give it label as you wish, and then put some pages under it like usually when making 'level' menu.

With regards.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 3
    Hi Air.

Edit: Thanks a lot. It is working now.
    Post edited by buddha on
    JenelleHultgren,

If you want to create new icon, u can just replace it with other that exist in folder common/images/social_icons. Then just add link to replaced social icon service. For example you replace facebook icon with instagram, then you add link to your instagram accout in facebook input field.

Nowadays we have only one place for social icons. We will think about this issue in next skyfashion update.

With regards
  • Thanks Argone. I cant find the folder that you have mentioned - common/images.... I have Skyfashion version 1.8.

Update your skyfashion to version 2.1.

You can not see this folder from wordpress. You have to check access it through FTP client.

Please let me know if you resolved your problem and accessed this folder.

With regards
  • I've upgraded skyfashion, but sorry I'm technologically challenged & have spent the last hour & a half trying to find how to check access through FTP. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Download any client FTP
    https://filezilla-project.org/download.php

Then connect to your FTP.

Open folder with Worpdress

Then open path wp-content/themes/skyfashion and then common/images

With regards
  • I downloaded filezilla successfully, connect to ftp, but there were no files & no matter what I've tried, it is not working properly.

On another note, the skyfashion twitter in widgets is not working for me. I've deleted it and then added again to see if will start working, but unfortunately not.
    Hi,

It's hard to tell why you don't see this files. Have you changed the path to /wp-content/themes/skyfashion ?

Twitter API is still changing and we don't support twitter plugin since last changes. We recommend this plugin instead:
    http://bluedogwebservices.com/wordpress-plugin/twitter-widget-pro/

Kind regards