Before you ask please READ THIS

Skyfashion 2.1 and WordPress 3.5.2 - Portfolio Settings

edited July 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 14
I've got a similar problem as other people in older versions from skyfashion, with the Portfolio Settings.

The fields to set them, will not shown. Under site options I can just set a hover-text and the sorting type…
Post edited by Brigitte on

Comments

Same for me. What I can do?
    what.png
    795 x 296 - 4K
    And I've got another problem with the pictures in the portfolio-area. If I upload some pictures – I could find them in the file-manager, but it never shows up in the detailsite (back and frontend). the thumpnail-images works neither…the source in the code links to a site, not to the selected picture…

please we need some help.
    http://lesoirlejour.netzwerft.ch/
    Hi Brigitte,

We had simillar problem when we imported data in wordpress. Have you used any importing plugin?

With regards
    Hello Argone,
    No it's a fresh Database without any import… :-)

regards
    the problem with the pictures is surprisingly solved - but still no chance to set the portfolio settings…
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 14
    ah and the Revoution Slider is disappeard, since today…what…?!?
    there is a display:none; in the code of the image-container

it seems it wasn't a good decision to buy this theme…
    Post edited by Brigitte on
    after installing the instagram plugin/widget, the revolution slider doesn't work…
    Hi Brigitte,

Which instagram plugin has you installed? Please give me a link to it.

With regards
    We do not get more support?
    We've got still the problem with the portfolio-settings and the revolution-slider…
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 493
    Hi Brigite,

If you have got problems with plugins conflicts you can deactivate each plugin and check which creates problem. Each plugin adds some code which jses existing files like jquery or other and can by overriden.

Please try to deactivate all plugins. Then activate each plugin and check which provides the problem.

With regards
    Post edited by Argone on
    the first problem of all was that the portfolio of skyfashion deosn't worked…this was before I installed some plugins…
    Hope this can help,
    when you add your image to "works" what after you can see at "portfolio", be sure, to select "custom thumbnail" option then select the image and click "use this image" button.
    Good luck!
    hello Jorge,
    thank you for your tip. the pictures are working fine!
    do you know, how I can handle the portfolio-settings?

please see the screenshot below. where are the other settings for the portfolio…?

Bildschirmfoto 2013-07-29 um 14.02.09.png
    657 x 324 - 21K
    Not really, i saw it like you last week, no i see many other options, the problem is I dont know when it started working and why :s
    Hi Brigitte,

From version 2.1 you have to choose right template for site where you want to place your portfolio (you can find it in right sidebar of page view in your wordpress). Changed documentation is in package with skyfashion theme. It includes instructions how to choose it.

With regards
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 9
    I thing the only changes i did were:
    -At the "In file taxanomy-skills.php there was an offset in line 18 set to -1 and it should be 0" as Argone said in other post
    -And Also change portfolio page name to "galeria".
    -Post "works" posts adding "Use custom thumbnail"
    And that was all.
    Goog luck Brigitte
    Post edited by Jorge on
    Hi Jorge
    thank you once again. I did all of this things too – but the name of my portfolio-page ist "labels" ;o)

the portfolio-settings changed from version 2.1 – so I see, the settings-description here: http://apollo13.eu/docs/skyfashion/ are old one…this was confusing me…but now its ok.

thank you for your help – i try now to fix my revolution-slider problem

oh I'm sorry - thank you too, Argone!