Before you ask please READ THIS

Background for Category Page

edited July 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 63
Hi Air,

Is it possible to set a background for a category archives page*? I know this can be done when it's a posts page**.

* This is the Classic List (Category Archives: Post) page on the Hypershot demo site.
** This is the Masonry Grid (Blog) page on the Hypershot demo site.

Thanks,
Lazy Diver

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

I believe that you could do it with custom CSS but I would need live link for it.

With regards.
  • Hi Air,

I apologize for the very delayed response. I was offline for 2 months. I would rather provide you the live link via a private message. If that option is not available, perhaps you could guide me and I'll do it instead?

It looks like code for setting the background for specific categories needs to to be added to head_scripts_styles.php. At the moment the source code of the page looks like this:

ApolloParams.album_images=[{"singlebg":1,"image":"my-background.jpg","bg_color":"","fit":"cover"}];
    /* ]]

Thanks,
    LazyDiver
  • AirAir
    I wouldn't do it with JS. Better with CSS. Send me link to your category page and I will make you sample CSS.

With regards.
  • AirAir
    edited October 2013 Posts: 10,970
    Hello again, thanks for message.
    Blog page, where I set an image as the background - XXX

Albums page, where that same image appears but I do NOT want it on there - XXX2
    Isn't it set in page you choose for Albums list page?
    A category page, where I'd like to place a background image that is different from the first one - http://xxx.com/category/where-on-earth-is-sten/
    This CSS should work

body.category-where-on-earth-is-sten #whole-bg-image {
    background-size: cover;
    background-image: url("http://xxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/brave-little-guy.jpg") !important;
    }
    With regards.
    Post edited by Air on