Before you ask please READ THIS

Google or not Google , I have lost ALL my search result since using Hypershoot

edited July 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 60
Hi , I m a photographer my URL is my name bernardbertrand.com since when I m using Hypershoot I have lost all my search result on Google , anyone who google my name " Bernard Bertrand "' did not get any link to my website , I guess it s also a Wordpress problem but I don't know how I have to do to fix this :(

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi there.

Firstly I would update theme to newest version as it has better SEO support in case of albums. You have very old version. Get new version from themeForest and follow this http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/#!/installation_update_update_theme

Also I would make use of http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/#!/main_settings_menu_info_above_header on your place. Now there is not much to index on your page.

There is also possibility that you had been banned by google temporary. It happens sometimes.

With regards.
  • hi , thanks

but last time I did update the hypershoot theme I have had to verify everything as there was problem here and there ... would it be the same now ? with the lattest version ?
  • ronron
    edited September 2013 Posts: 5
    @Berniblue

In your page-headers I can see the following metatag:

< meta name='robots' content='noindex,nofollow' />

Might that be the reason you've disappeared from Google..?
    Post edited by ron on
  • AirAir
    ron said: < meta name='robots' content='noindex,nofollow' />
    Wow! I just though about same thing and rushed here to tell Berniblue about it! Yes that is for sure why your page might not be indexed. You had to switch off indexing of your page while installing Wordpress. I always do same for my development versions of Wordpress.

In settings->Reading->Search Engine Visibility unchceck Discourage search engines from indexing this site.
    Berniblue said: but last time I did update the hypershoot theme I have had to verify everything as there was problem here and there
    Hard to say what problems you had. Anyway themes(every) are often updated as there are new features or bugfixes.

With regards.