Before you ask please READ THIS

Skyfashion - Can't get Portfolio working

edited July 2013 in Skyfashion Posts: 6
Hi, I have Skyfashion theme, just purchased - v2.1 on Wordpress 3.5.2

I can't get the Portfolio to work - "Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive."

I add a page and choose a Portfolio theme for it.

But when I go to Site Options > Portfolio - the only things I see are Hover Text and Sorting Type. There is nowhere to "Select Portfolio Page".

When I go to the actual page, I do not see the "Portfolio details" as described in the help file - it's just a normal page.

Reading through previous posts, I did check taxanomy-skills.php but it's already set to 0.

Please help!

Thanks

Comments

• PS site is www.makeuplounge.com.au
    Have you used new documentation? http://apollo13.eu/docs/skyfashion/
  • Hi Argone - yes.

I create a Portfolio page and set the template to one of the Portfolio options, but when I go to Site Options > Portfolio, all I see are Hover text and sorting type - I cannot do Step 5 in the documentation - Choose 'Select portfolio page' as there is no option for this - please see attached screenshot.

Please can you advise.

Thanks

Cathy
    portfolio.gif
    1920 x 930 - 42K
  • I am having the exact same issue as Cathy. I used the new documentation as well. I cannot do step 5 in the new documentation.
  • Same counts for me. I only see Hover text and Sorting type.
    Hi,

try this point of documentation:
    http://apollo13.eu/docs/skyfashion/#!/adding_portfolio

Kind regards
  • Hi Argone - I can't see that this is any different. Please can you look at the screenshot I posted initially - Step 5 is simply not possible as there is no available option to 'Select Portfolio Page'.
  • Hi argone

I've bought and installed the theme last Sunday. So it must be the latest version. When going through the document at step 5, i encountered the same problem as MakeUpLounge's screenshot. Please take a serious look at this matter. As long as my portfolio page isnt working i'm losing customers. Thanks.
  • Yes I am STILL having the same problem. I have purchased this theme 3 weeks ago and have not yet been able to use it. I too am using customers. PLEASE check out the screenshot and see that we all do not have the options you describe in the documentation.
  • any update on this issue?
  • Could anyone please take a look at this matter? We still don't get any proper response. I've pm Argone my login details already.
    Hello everybody,

I checked chieyoung blog. I've noticed that thumbnail can be not set in your portfolio item options. Have you choosen thumbnail item?

I've tried to reproduce your problem on my WP. After that i have one idea to fix it.

Please open file option.php and go to line 388 and uncomment this lines 388-394:

array(
               "name" => __('Select portfolio page', TPL_SLUG),
                "desc" => __("Choose the one you use for portfolio display", TPL_SLUG),
                "id" => "portfolio_page",
                "default" => '0',
                "type" => "wp_dropdown_pages",
            ),
    After that you can choose page with portfolio items in your site options. Please choose it and tell me if it helps you.

Kind regards
  • Hello Argone,

Thanks for you response. After deleting the // in those lines within option.php, the options are available.

Chie-Yong
  • Hi - thanks. 2 questions -

1. Should we also uncomment lines 395-417 in options.php?

2. I am unclear on how to actually add portfolio items to the page. I looked at the latest documentation - I can't see Portfolio details or View Portfolio item - please can you see the attached?

Thanks
    Portfolio-page.jpg
    1890 x 733 - 172K
    Hi MakeupLounge,

1. No , only this which I described

2. If you want to create portfolio item you have to open menu Works and there add your elements of portfolio.

Kind regards
  • Ok, got it! Thanks
  • Hi Argone,

I have the same problem, but can't get it fixed with the changes in options.php
    When I open my Site "Portfolio" and look to my settings in attributes -> templates, I can only choose between "standard", "blog", "contact", "portfolio big below". I choose "portfolio big below", but it shows only "Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. " on the page.

Is there anything else I could do wrong or I have to change?

Kind regards,

Isabelle
  • here are some snapshots from my settings. I still can't find the mistake...
    Portfolio_Site.jpg
    1424 x 657 - 348K
    Site_options.jpg
    761 x 520 - 123K
    Works.jpg
    953 x 363 - 136K
  • it's working! It's just a bit weird, becuase the newest "Work" won't be shown on the Portfolio Page...
    Isabelle which version of our theme do you use?

Kind regards
  • I'm using 2.0
    I was already looking for 2.1, but couldn't find it on themeforest.
    I'm not using it but I'm curious : why does Skyfashion no longer appears on Theme Forest ?
  • oh no, it does! But just until version 2.0.
    I read in another discussion, that on Themeforest should be a new version 2.1. for download. And this one, I couldn't find...
    Well, Isabelle, I was not able to find it, thank you to give me the link !
  • Thanks, good to know :-)
    Is there anything I could do, to get all "Works" shown on my Portfolio Site? The newest one stille won't be seen there (but on the Mainpage under "latest work")
    Eric05

Hi, we have some internal problems in our WP engine.

It will get back soon on ThemeForest.

Isabelle:
    http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/1450/skyfashion-2.0-most-recent-work-not-showing-on-portfolio-page#Item_4
  • Brilliant! Thanks a lot!
    It's really fun to work with your theme, I like it a lot! :-)
    Best regards
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 9
    Works
    Post edited by vil_chaq on