Before you ask please READ THIS

Featured on homepage?

edited August 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 5
Hi, I can't seem to find a way to publish only a few albums a la genre on the homepage. In the menu I have a genre, with a selected couple of albums, just like featured in the demo. I would like one featured genre as a homepage. But I only see a total album list as option or one album or a page, but not a genre. How do I select only a couple of albums to be shown on the homepage like bricks?

Comments

Hi, thanx, I tried it. Edited the files mentioned (album_list instead of work_list, of course). My site still works, but I still see all the albums and not just the slug I put in the code.
    My website jeroenjansen.com
    When you click on Concerts in the menu, you get the genre page. I want that as my homepage. I saw the user can filter the content presented on home. Is it not possible for example to have a default filter concerts instead of all? Maybe that's easier to code?
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

Sorry for that, when I replied to you that topic doesn't had any specific code changes in it. I will now show you where to do same changes in hypershot theme.

Go to front-page.php line ~45 and change:
    elseif($fp_variant == 'albums_list'){
    get_template_part( 'albums_template' );
    }
    to:
    elseif($fp_variant == 'albums_list'){
    define('CALLED_FROM_FRONT_PAGE', true);
    get_template_part( 'albums_template' );
    }
    Next go to albums-list.php line ~35 and before:
    if($genre_template === true){
    add this code

if(defined('CALLED_FROM_FRONT_PAGE')){
    $args['genre'] = 'slug_of_category';
    }
    and change 'slug_of_category' to desired category slug

Hope this helps:-)
    jjfoto said: Is it not possible for example to have a default filter concerts instead of all? Maybe that's easier to code?
    Not easier:-)

With regards.