Before you ask please READ THIS

Video integration on portfolio

edited October 2011 in Airborn Posts: 2
Hiya all !

First, wonderfull theme with airborn ;) like it a lot.
But some adaptations needed to make it beautifully working to suit my needs are "needed"

Three of them :
1) portfolio item view : is there a way to have full item view and not "part" of biggest pictures ? just pics sized the same width than the first ?

2) Video display in portfolio : the idea to have video display in this theme is sexy. The idea to make it a part of portfolio is sexier too ! As i'm also a movie director, i'll like that ! Will it be possible to add a video in head of portfolio item view ? and to have photo for filming day, promo or other, on bottom, like regular portfolio, for example. For now, i can have video in portfolio item, but it didn't display very well...

3) Anyway to create more portfolio ? To categorize'em ? Sure, we've got portfolio categories, but if you wanna create another portfolio page, you simply can't... (or i didn't find a way to do it).

Anyway, keep up the good job.
Best regards,
Ian

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey paiian:-)

Thank for good words ;-)

1) Firstly it would be nice if you provide some link to your project so we got better insight. You mean pictures on preview (portoflio page) or in portfolio item page?

2) It is good idea. Right now we are developing some other things, so it may not come right away... but :-) I think it is possible to expect this in about a week ;-)

3) It is rather impossible right now. We would have to prepare some portfolio creator where you could choose which categories to show on which portfolio page. We will think about it, but I don't promise that it will be implemented.

With regards.
  • AirAir
    Hey.

Sorry to disappoint you but video support we were talking about will come abit later due to random things(like health :-) ).

Will inform when done.
  • Hello ;)

Thx for reading my requests. It appears something is really good with your wordpress theme : it would be a shame not to improve it to the best. Not because we've buy it, but simply because we could buy some more ;)

You can have a preview at my page using your theme : http://www.paiian.com/web/site/v5/

The fact is when u use a portfolio, you have many, many work to show. And one page isn't sufficient... For example i've near 100 things to show on it. And videos are 1/3 of what i have.

Sure, i've bought the theme knowing this. But i can assure you won't regret any improvement on this amazing piece of theme u made.

According to my your last answers :
    1) Go to see my blog, and what happen in most boardgame things : pics are cropped to size in the blog. No problem, but aesthetically not really improved.

2) The good idea for video will be to have a video displayed as the first portfolio item. Not to play it in the portfolio, but in the portfolio item view, as first thing. Have a look to the last work i've posted.

3) at least a possibility for pagination... Don't know if it's already implemented.

As you can see i've a lot to show, and i won't put it online without this improvements, because it absolutely needs this improvements to be first class.

So please, listen to your customers, they'll give you credits and we will go far away together. (And so much people need video integration in portfolio !)

Anyway thx a lot for your good work.
    Best regards,
    Paiian